Contribute
Register

Dell DW 1560 Bluetooth help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the requested info. some of the grep didn't have any output, nor did the touch. it was more of a command. Other things that I have tried. I had usbinjectall before and it didn't do anything. On my desktop, the usbinjectall did work, but that was on a different wifi card. I know I have to do the dsdt patches, but for the life of me, I can get it to compile.

anyhow, I was trying t work on the smaller tasks first before I tackled the more difficult ones. I did get the 5Ghz patch to work, but this was a clean install (just this morning).

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 142
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 2.21.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 2.21.10 PM.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 347
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 2.26.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 2.26.06 PM.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 345
I've never booted into windows with this new wifi card and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Does windows need to upload the bluetooth firmware first?

Here's the requested info. some of the grep didn't have any output, nor did the touch. it was more of a command. Other things that I have tried. I had usbinjectall before and it didn't do anything. On my desktop, the usbinjectall did work, but that was on a different wifi card. I know I have to do the dsdt patches, but for the life of me, I can get it to compile.

anyhow, I was trying t work on the smaller tasks first before I tackled the more difficult ones. I did get the 5Ghz patch to work, but this was a clean install (just this morning).

No ioreg attached. Your kextcache output shows BrcmPatchRAM2/BrcmFirmwareRepo is not installed.

^ I know. I've had it the /S/L/E folder once and then after clean install, I put it in the /L/E folder. For some reason it's not loading. Not sure why. I used kextbeast to install the kext

[update]

just moved it to /S/L/E and rebooted. same thing, it's not loading

Attachments

• H’s MacBook Air.zip
    406.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
^ I know. I've had it the /S/L/E folder once and then after clean install, I put it in the /L/E folder. For some reason it's not loading. Not sure why. I used kextbeast to install the kext

I/O reg coming

Your bt controller is 0a5c:216f. It is supported by BrcmPatchRAM. Install with Kext Wizard.

^ just did it and same thing. not loading. config.plist problem? all the other kext are loading though

Last edited:
LOL!!!!

too little sleep and files get mixed up! Got the patch and nonpatch files mixed up.

All is well now. BTW, the patch works great with the DW1560 wifi card.

HI, i'm very interested in your post because my 1560 bt is not working. i think i'm missing something:

bt is seen on usb, not in bluetooth.

i tried to follow your post, but:

1) -uia_exclude_hs disable my USB kb and mouse so it's not good for me.

2) can't find BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from the repository you mentionned. I saw .plis but not kexts

so i kind of can't go further. :)

if someone can help me :)

thanks

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-04-28 à 22.38.36.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-04-28 à 22.38.36.png
    373 KB · Views: 198
  • Capture d’écran 2017-04-28 à 22.39.14.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-04-28 à 22.39.14.png
    475 KB · Views: 220
HI, i'm very interested in your post because my 1560 bt is not working. i think i'm missing something:

bt is seen on usb, not in bluetooth.

i tried to follow your post, but:

1) -uia_exclude_hs disable my USB kb and mouse so it's not good for me.

2) can't find BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from the repository you mentionned. I saw .plis but not kexts

so i kind of can't go further. :)

if someone can help me :)

thanks

USB guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

FAQ covers WiFi/BT:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi @RehabMan I'm hoping you could help me I installed my DW1560 card and tested it in windows, wifi + bluetooth on the card does work in Windows, however I have used the kexts recommended and I can't get Bluetooth to work, could you please help me

Attachments

• debug_19172.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back