Contribute
Register

Dell display on iMac stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your monitor has VESA mounting holes (100 mm x 100 mm - behind attached VESA Cover).
Remove the original Dell stand, and just follow my guide...

You need to buy:
- an iMac stand
- Lavolta VESA adapter
- any VESA 75 to 100 adapter
- 8 piece of M3 allen screws

It's not a hard to follow guide, you can see everything on the pictures. Please ask specific question next time, show some progress.

Your monitor has VESA mounting holes (100 mm x 100 mm - behind attached VESA Cover).
Remove the original Dell stand, and just follow my guide...

You need to buy:
- an iMac stand
- Lavolta VESA adapter
- any VESA 75 to 100 adapter
- 8 piece of M3 allen screws

It's not a hard to follow guide, you can see everything on the pictures. Please ask specific question next time, show some progress.
Sorry, I am 15 and don’t know anything about monitors..

I couldn’t find a Lavolta adapter thats shipped to the netherlands. Can I use this one? https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B008KL7608/

And is this one good?

Last edited:
Yes, these two are looking good, worth a try.

I‘m thinking about doing this with my LG 34UM95-P (Display height is equivalent to a regular 27“).

Will be using an Apple VESA adapter though, they are cheap nowadays and I could tilt the display using it. Should work nicely!

Please drop a line here, how the Apple VESA adapter worked for your monitor.
vesa-imac-02.png

Well done!
I really like the tilting mechanism. Looking really good from front, excellent job! :headbang:

For the fixed height problem I ordered a Rain design iMac mBase, this way I could move the display to eye level. It's a better ergonomics and have less pain in my neck, shoulders now.

Incredible job OP!

And also — I wondered if your adapter would work with this stand type, with some adjustments to the CAD file I'm assuming.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154082939313

I'm 'only' planning to use it with a 27" monitor so no need for quite the same strength!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back