Contribute
Register

Dell 9010AIO: How to patch Whatevergreen to fix backlight control on internal display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Latitude 5378
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
Intel 620
I'm working on Hackintoshing a Dell 9010 AIO with Opencore 0.5.9. I've upgraded the processor to an i5-3475S, so this computer has HD4000 graphics.

I've been having a terrible time getting the display working correctly. I was able to fix the bad color banding I was getting by using whatevergreen to inject a new EDID for my display.

Now I'd like to fix the backlight controls. Right now

• Backlight stays on at full brightness until sleep
    • No backlight controls
  • when waking up after sleep, the backlight doesn't come on.
    • I can see the LCD working using a flashlight
In IORegExplorer, the display is listed as AppleDisplay and not AppleBacklightDisplay. Furthermore, in System Profiler, the connection type is listed as Analog VGA or Analog over DVI-I. I don't think this is right - the display uses LVDS internally, I'm reasonably sure that it's not analog as well. The panel is an M230HGE-L20. On my hackintosh laptop, the connection type is listed as internal.

I know that backlight control functionality does not exist for external displays. I think this display is being incorrectly recognized as external. How can I patch using whatevergreen so that macOS sees my internal display as an internal display that is connected over LVDS?

My EFI is attached so you can see the current config with patches. I've also attached a zip with some relevant screenshots.

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 97
  • ioreg, sysprof, config.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
Got anywhere with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back