Contribute
Register

Dell 7559 High Sierra Stuck Booting (BIOS 1.2.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspirion 7559
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 530/NVIDIA GTX 960M (Optimus) [1920x1080]
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Attachments

• ProblemReporting5-17-18.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 252
Ok I read it a few times now. Not sure what I'm looking for to help me with this.

Ok I read it a few times now. Not sure what I'm looking for to help me with this.

Follow it as written.
The files you attached prove you didn't follow the guide.

Followed your guide as close as possible. Same error. Here's my EFI.

Your profile lacks important details. All laptop details should be placed in the main profile fields (Motherboard, CPU, Graphics). Use the signature for your desktop.

Don't forget to provide all details as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Problems (eg. still didn't follow the guide):
- guide recommends AptioMemoryFix.efi
- OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi can be used (second choice), but requires EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. Your drivers64UEFI is missing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
- your misc/preboot.log shows dual GPU. You will therefore need SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml, which I see is present in ACPI/patched. But it has no effect without the _DSM->XDSM patch (you have it, but it is disabled in your config.plist... as one might expect, disabled patches have no effect).
- you are not using the recommended RehabMan Clover
- BrcmFirmwareData.kext not recommended in the guide (plus, it does nothing without BrcmPatchRAM)

Suggestions/guesses:
- check BIOS settings
- make sure you're using a USB2 stick

Your profile lacks important details. All laptop details should be placed in the main profile fields (Motherboard, CPU, Graphics). Use the signature for your desktop.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

- OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi can be used (second choice), but requires EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. Your drivers64UEFI is missing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
- your misc/preboot.log shows dual GPU. You will therefore need SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml, which I see is present in ACPI/patched. But it has no effect without the _DSM->XDSM patch (you have it, but it is disabled in your config.plist... as one might expect, disabled patches have no effect).
- BrcmFirmwareData.kext not recommended in the guide (plus, it does nothing without BrcmPatchRAM)

Suggestions/guesses:
- check BIOS settings
Alright I made the requested changes. Same error still. Going to try a USB2 now.

edit: forgot recommended clover :/ doing that w/ usb2

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 168

Suggestions/guesses:
- check BIOS settings
Alright I made the requested changes. Same error still. Going to try a USB2 now.

edit: forgot recommended clover :/ doing that w/ usb2
Same stuff with your forked clover and usb2.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 139
I see that others have working setups with the same configuration as me so I might try reflashing the bios but I’m not sure how far that’ll get me

Same stuff with your forked clover and usb2.

You neglected to provide verbose boot photo.
Please read "Problem reporting" carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back