Contribute
Register

Dell 7559 - Bios 1.2.7 Update !

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan verbose boot photo attached.

Even without ACPI patched fileS not able to boot with battery on BOIS 1.2.7 but can boot on 1.2.4

Whoever facing boot issue on 1.2.7 can try this if you have tried every think but still not able to boot.

Steps are as below:
1) Install BOIS 1.2.4 and make sure BIOS setting is as per this link (Option Rom should be disable)
2) Replace CLOVER directory in EFI with attached CLOVER (you should be able to boot now)
3) Patch DSDT and SSDTs as describe in this link

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 103
  • verbose-boot.jpg
    verbose-boot.jpg
    964.7 KB · Views: 158
@RehabMan verbose boot photo attached.

Even without ACPI patched fileS not able to boot with battery on BOIS 1.2.7 but can boot on 1.2.4

Whoever facing boot issue on 1.2.7 can try this if you have tried every think but still not able to boot.

Steps are as below:
1) Install BOIS 1.2.4 and make sure BIOS setting is as per this link (Option Rom should be disable)
2) Replace CLOVER directory in EFI with attached CLOVER (you should be able to boot now)
3) Patch DSDT and SSDTs as describe in this link

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

@manoj.admlab, so I don't quite understand what you mean by not being able to boot with the battery. Like do you mean literally, as in if you detach the battery from the computer only than you boot into your machine. And just a minor update apparently any form of soft-reboot is all you need to get into your macOS partition. So for example I been using the restart option from the clover boot loader screen.
Simple step by step instruction: turn on computer -> clover boot loader finish loading -> navigate to restart button -> restart computer -> clover boot loader finish loading -> navigate to macOS partition -> enjoy your hackintosh.
I still don't know why hard-reboot cause us not be able to boot into macOS, but hopeful this info can help you :D

@Mugetsu11 Yes, on 1.2.7 I was able to boot only after removing battery connector from motherboard. And soft reboot was not working for me. Anyways I have downgraded BIOS 1.2.4 and it's working fine.

@Mugetsu11 Yes, on 1.2.7 I was able to boot only after removing battery connector from motherboard. And soft reboot was not working for me. Anyways I have downgraded BIOS 1.2.4 and it's working fine.

Yes I can confirm, after trying many things none worked. Downgraded the bios to 1.2.4 and everything ok now.
May be somebody here can debug the whole process with our sample laptops ? As I am worried the lower bios has some series security issues.

Yes I can confirm, after trying many things none worked. Downgraded the bios to 1.2.4 and everything ok now.
May be somebody here can debug the whole process with our sample laptops ? As I am worried the lower bios has some series security issues.

Keep in mind that if you have patched ACPI, any change in BIOS settings, BIOS upgrade, or hardware change requires that you re-extract/re-patch ACPI.

It is mentioned in my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.262184/

Not able to boot without removing battery connector from motherboard. I will share the file once we have understanding baseline.

What do you mean by "battery issue"?

Not able to boot without removing battery connector from motherboard. I will share the file once we have understanding baseline.
Have you figured it out? If the Bios version ≥1.2.5 it can only boot after the battery removed from motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back