Contribute
Register

Dell 7548, Clover, Yosemite, i7-5500U, 1920x1080, Intel Video w/Touchscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey StarbuckSteve,
Thanks again for posting the info. I've got the very same laptop as you; 7548, i7 5500U, 16GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 M270, 4K Screen.
I'm attempting to copy your Clover install. I've followed the Clover Laptop guide, then replaced the files in EFI/Clover/ with the ones you provided (including adding my own serial number into the .plist) and used the terminal method to create a restore partition.
I can get the loader to run but I'm getting stuck way before reaching the installer. I had a go at adding a few extra boot flags (the same ones I used for a successful unibeast boot, PCIRootUID=0 dart=0, and a few others), but nothing seems to work. Am I missing a step somewhere?
I've attached a photo of the last screen displayed during bootView attachment 135566

The UHD screen brings on additional challenges not present with 1080p.

You need:
- patch IOKit framework
- use custom refresh rate (SwitchResX) less than 60Hz (eg. 59Hz).
- DMVT-prealloc at least 96MB (maybe 128MB)
- framebuffer patched to match DMVT setting

You can get some info from the-darkvoid's guide Dell 9530 guide.

I wouldn't recommend using my stuff unchanged unless you are doing exactly the same thing with exactly the same machine. As you are NOT, the DSDT will be incorrect at the very least.

Hi all,

I am fairly new to setting up a Hackintosh.
I am following this guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I have got this exact same laptop (Dell Inspiron 7548) and I am wondering how should I configure my BIOS for this particular laptop, before booting from the USB drive?

Also how should I use MultiBeast with this laptop? Should I pick EasyBeast, UserDSDT, or DSDT-Free?

Thank you all for the help!

Hi all,

I am fairly new to setting up a Hackintosh.
I am following this guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I have got this exact same laptop (Dell Inspiron 7548) and I am wondering how should I configure my BIOS for this particular laptop, before booting from the USB drive?

Also how should I use MultiBeast with this laptop? Should I pick EasyBeast, UserDSDT, or DSDT-Free?

Thank you all for the help!

If you have the laptop in the title, you should use Clover.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

the ssdtPRGen.sh string for the i7-5500U is
Code:
"[B]i[/B]7-5500U,15,500,2400,3000,2,4"

Perfect Information, in all another posts the informations is wrong like this:
Code:
"i7-5500U,15,[B]8[/B]00,2400,3000,2,4"

Thank You.

how do you know that QE / CI are enabled?

Perfect Information, in all another posts the informations is wrong like this:
Code:
"i7-5500U,15,[B]8[/B]00,2400,3000,2,4"

Have you used AppleIntelInfo.kext to determine that the LFM is 500 for this broadwell chip?

how do you know that QE / CI are enabled?

Look in ioreg to see that both the framebuffer and the accelerator kexts are loaded/attached.

Have you used AppleIntelInfo.kext to determine that the LFM is 500 for this broadwell chip?

Yes, Look:
Code:
Jun  1 20:07:37 Rafaels-MBP kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Low Frequency Mode.............: 500 MHz
Jun  1 20:07:37 Rafaels-MBP kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum non-Turbo Frequency....: 2400 MHz
Jun  1 20:07:37 Rafaels-MBP kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum Turbo Frequency........: 3000 MHz
Jun  1 20:07:37 Rafaels-MBP kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: IGPU Current Frequency.............:  500 MHz
Jun  1 20:07:37 Rafaels-MBP kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: IGPU Minimum Frequency.............:  300 MHz
Jun  1 20:07:37 Rafaels-MBP kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: IGPU Maximum Non-Turbo Frequency...:  300 MHz
Jun  1 20:07:37 Rafaels-MBP kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: IGPU Maximum Turbo Frequency.......:  950 MHz
Jun  1 20:07:37 Rafaels-MBP kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: IGPU Maximum limit.................: No Limit

Look in ioreg to see that both the framebuffer and the accelerator kexts are loaded/attached.

I think something is wrong:
Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 8.22.17 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back