Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 05NVNV
CPU
Intel 6500u
Graphics
Radeon R5 M335
Hello what a great website this is firstly.

I was hoping someone could tell me where i'm going wrong with this build. I've followed the opencore guide on their website and built and compiled the files i required and am trying to get my dell laptop to boot which is a intel 6500u skylake and a Catalina installation.

The error i see upon boot is GV wake failure. I assume from reading up about this error that I might have messed up my SMBios selection. It wasnt overly clear to me which ones should match my original processor.

I've attached my EFI folder any help would be fantastic guys :)

Cheers
Gareth

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 119
Hello what a great website this is firstly.

I was hoping someone could tell me where i'm going wrong with this build. I've followed the opencore guide on their website and built and compiled the files i required and am trying to get my dell laptop to boot which is a intel 6500u skylake and a Catalina installation.

The error i see upon boot is GV wake failure. I assume from reading up about this error that I might have messed up my SMBios selection. It wasnt overly clear to me which ones should match my original processor.

I've attached my EFI folder any help would be fantastic guys :)

Cheers
Gareth
using a desktop smbios is not correct

MacBookPro13,1 would be a better choice

may help a little:

Thanks i've followed the guide but still the same issue sadly. Maybe this model of laptop isn't compatible for making a hackintosh. I've added the error and what i changed below. The GV wake issue seems to affect any type of build i've tried even for friends even on tower PC's strange one and not to well documented online.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 99
Thanks i've followed the guide but still the same issue sadly. Maybe this model of laptop isn't compatible for making a hackintosh. I've added the error and what i changed below. The GV wake issue seems to affect any type of build i've tried even for friends even on tower PC's strange one and not to well documented online.
Hi from Montreal.
Have you managed to solve your issue?
I'm facing the same problem with my Inspiron 5759.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back