Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> DELL 5523 Mac OS in Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note - I'm using a HDD not a SSD
This could be an issue, because you have only 8GB ram OSX create a lot of virtual memory, more than any other OSes so this can slow down the system as hdd usage increase and being the mechanical one is very slow

This could be an issue, because you have only 8GB ram OSX create a lot of virtual memory, more than any other OSes so this can slow down the system as hdd usage increase and being the mechanical one is very slow
I'm skeptical about going for an upgrade as my laptop would bite the dust soon

Yeah, i had one around, you can try to purchase a small one from ebay for few bucks
Since eBay is no longer available in my country(India), I'll buy one from Amazon to fulfil the need.
I've a mSATA with 32 GB SSD(ubuntu), another one 320 GB HDD(storage+mac), current options available for me with my laptops are :
  • Replace HDD with an SSD
  • Replace mSATA with an SSD
  • Replace DVD with an SSD + caddy?
Which one would be a future proof option for me?

Since eBay is no longer available in my country(India), I'll buy one from Amazon to fulfil the need.
I've a mSATA with 32 GB SSD(ubuntu), another one 320 GB HDD(storage+mac), current options available for me with my laptops are :
  • Replace HDD with an SSD
  • Replace mSATA with an SSD
  • Replace DVD with an SSD + caddy?
Which one would be a future proof option for me?
I think the most cheapest and working solution is to replace the HDD with a small SSD, but you need to take care as not all SSDs are supported, mSATA should be checked as well if works under OSX, replacing the DvD unit probably is the most expensive.
In regards SSD compatibility is somewhere here a thread but i am unable to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back