i7 3537U
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

I'm getting boot looped into an error while installation process of mac os catalina (latest)
Mac installer reboots with the generic error message "your computer restarted because of a problem..".
I'm following this bootloader as the base configuration and tweaked with respect to my hardware compatibility.

Note: I faced the same problem with Big Sur

Let me know what am I missing here.

Hardware Info:
Intel Core i7-3537U (3rd Gen)
Intel HM77 Express, NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
8 GB DDR3(1600 Mhz)
32 GB SATA, 500 GB(5400 RPM)
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.3 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Try please to take images of your screen with the error/s also please use Clover, as i do not know much of OpenCore, while boot into CLover menu please press F2 and then F4 and waif few seconds, then archive and attach again the EFI folder

no need for a DSDT to boot the installer, also OpenCore doesn't recommend DSDT. also using a DSDT from another machine is not right either

start with a clean setup, try the links in my signature

Try please to take images of your screen with the error/s also please use Clover, as i do not know much of OpenCore, while boot into CLover menu please press F2 and then F4 and waif few seconds, then archive and attach again the EFI folder
I can try clover, do you recommend a guide? Do I need to start from scratch? From making USB installer?

Note : I'm using Linux

no need for a DSDT to boot the installer, also OpenCore doesn't recommend DSDT. also using a DSDT from another machine is not right either

start with a clean setup, try the links in my signature
Should I remove DSDT and give it a try?

Should I remove DSDT and give it a try?
start from scratch unless the files you are using is from the same make and model laptop that you have?

never use a DSDT from another laptop even if it is from the same make and model

don't use a DSDT with OpenCore

start from scratch unless the files you are using is from the same make and model laptop that you have?

never use a DSDT from another laptop even if it is from the same make and model

don't use a DSDT with OpenCore
TBH I'm a newbie to Hackintosh world!I tried following dortania guide and ended up boot looped into BIOS, even after multiple retries I got a feeling that I'm beating around the bush without any help. I tried ****** and discord but no luck there as well.

The bootloader EYI allowed me to pass through the booting process, partition and download of mac. And this is the far most I've got with Hackintosh

I'll try the guide linked in your signature and shout for help if needed! :mrgreen:

@athulda you can start with my Clover/EFI and remove all ACPI (DSDT) patches/files from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched then remove all kexts but keep the ones i mentioned. Then boot to clover an press F2 and F4, then boot the installer and take pictures with errors, at the end pass here your EFI.zip and all images

The bootloader EYI allowed me to pass through the booting process, partition and download of mac. And this is the far most I've got with Hackintosh

You were able to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back