Contribute
Register

Dell 5060 Micro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an OpenCore setup for the dell optiplex 5060 micro, you must edit with Propertree and enter your MLB, SN, and UUID, hope this helps you all out don't forget to install python 3 to use propertree.

This is not my work this was created by @MatiWaldi i can say it worked flawlessly on my system.

Attachments

• config.plist.png
    config.plist.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 133
  • EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 282
@killernos1 Sorry for so late response, I didn't get any notification, and since I'm on full desktop build, I even forgot about this thread. I've done also my OC EFI for this optiplex, but to be honest I can't find it on my external drive, and I'm not sure that I have anywhere another copy of EFI, but looks like you were able to handle that by yourself. For now, my optiplex is laying on the living room used as a multimedia device with windows. For macOS I have now Dell Latitude 7400 laptop and a custom build desktop in PowerMac G5 case. I'm glad to see that my work somehow helps other people.

@killernos1 Sorry for so late response, I didn't get any notification, and since I'm on full desktop build, I even forgot about this thread. I've done also my OC EFI for this optiplex, but to be honest I can't find it on my external drive, and I'm not sure that I have anywhere another copy of EFI, but looks like you were able to handle that by yourself. For now, my optiplex is laying on the living room used as a multimedia device with windows. For macOS I have now Dell Latitude 7400 laptop and a custom build desktop in PowerMac G5 case. I'm glad to see that my work somehow helps other people.
I'm going to send you OC 6.3 I cant get it to boot maybe you know a little tweak to get it running, i ran sanity checker and it is coming back ok but when i select any thing to boot from it just keeps taking me back to where i want to boot from, im hoping this will allow boot into big sur.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 180
Here is an OpenCore setup for the dell optiplex 5060 micro, you must edit with Propertree and enter your MLB, SN, and UUID, hope this helps you all out don't forget to install python 3 to use propertree.

This is not my work this was created by @MatiWaldi i can say it worked flawlessly on my system.so
so 10.15 it works flawlessly i cannot get 10.15.7 to show a picture, it goes through the verbose part just fine then blank screen any suggestions?

strange, as it is still the same configuration.try to boot and when get blank screen, disconnect and connect again DisplayPort cable, or switch to other DP port. I had this problem also but with 10.15.3 or 10.15.4, I don't remember correctly.

if its going about Big Sur, I never tried that on this Optiplex, as I'm using now much more powerful PC and laptop, and there is no need for me to using it for macOS anymore

ok
strange, as it is still the same configuration.try to boot and when get blank screen, disconnect and connect again DisplayPort cable, or switch to other DP port. I had this problem also but with 10.15.3 or 10.15.4, I don't remember correctly.

if its going about Big Sur, I never tried that on this Optiplex, as I'm using now much more powerful PC and laptop, and there is no need for me to using it for macOS anymore
ok so before updating kext unplugging didnt work, after updating it works i have got OC 6.3 to work expect you have to turn monitor on and back off, after i get this fixed i will upload OC 6.3 i am working hard on this fix right now, at least we can update to 10.15.7 now, @MatiWaldi do you happen to know a solution to fix this or what it might be?

I also don't get idea about all data frame buffer. At the time when I had same problem as you, I was about buying components of for my PC build, so I left this problem behind and make this machine as Windows Media Center in my living room. So I have no idea what's causing this problem. I remember that it took me about2-3 weeks to get this optiplex working with macOS Mojave, patching connectors was a nightmare, and also I modified my BIOS to get 2048 MB ram on video card. At his point I have no idea how to help you fix that problem, and even this micro PC in not used any longer with any macOS. Sorry dude.

Hi I have the same PC Dell 5060 MFF, with an i5 8500T may I've installed Big Sur with clover may you share your EFI fully working, because I don't have sound and gfx car intel UHD630 is with 7MO only

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back