Contribute
Register

Dell 5060 Micro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to find out if anyone has built a system based off of a Dell 5060 Micro

Hey, I'm trying, but I get KP no matter what configuration is, which USB port, what kind of USB key... Trying 5 days now, and still no results...:( I can't find where the mistake is.

Last edited:
@Broch I succesfully installed the newest macOS Mojave on 5060 mFF. If you need some help just let me know

@thuongde Unfortunatelly, I'm on windows on Optiplex 5060 since I have a 7490 laptop, and I'm not sure that I have a backup somewhere. Let me take a look and make some research. If I'll find it, I'll post it here

Edit:
Sorry, I can't find this Clover Backup. But maybe I'll find some time this month to put a Catalina over there.
Most important thing with 5060 is to choose proper SMBIOS. when you using only one RAM slot, you have to use the top one. when you are using for example 2x8Gb, then on some5060 machines with a Mac mini SMBIOS will cause a Kernell Panic and you will be unable to even boot to macOS installation. Use iMac SMBIOS then, and it should work. I was fighting with that almost two months. and when I get it worked, then I put my hands on Latitude 7490 laptop and now I'm using this one with Mojave,but I will upgrade to Catalina in couple of days.

Greetings.

Last edited:
@thuongde Below You'll find a complete Clover folder. It should be working on both Catalina and Mojave. Be aware that is not full configuration. Graphic acceleration, Ethernet are fully working, I'm not sure about audio. USB ports are injected by SSDT-USB.aml, so there is no need to use USBInjectALL.kext. Also there is no configuration for WiFi/BT, cause everyone using different card so I don't attached it.

Attachments

• CLOVER_Optiplex_5060.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 643
@thuongde Below You'll find a complete Clover folder. It should be working on both Catalina and Mojave. Be aware that is not full configuration. Graphic acceleration, Ethernet are fully working, I'm not sure about audio. USB ports are injected by SSDT-USB.aml, so there is no need to use USBInjectALL.kext. Also there is no configuration for WiFi/BT, cause everyone using different card so I don't attached it.
Thank you so much, I will try this!

And have in mind that there is a SMBIOS settled on newest Mac mini. If you are using only one stick of RAM, place it in the top slot. Atherwise you will get KP and not able to boot system. When u using two sticks it's also possible that you will be not able to boot. My friend has this problem with the same Optiplex like mine. But then again to fix it you have to try change SMBIOS for i.e. iMac. I really don't know why it's like that. One more important thing. Check the bios settings for a hard disk. If it will be settled on raid ( looks like an original Dell Settings), change it to AHCI. Otherwise disks can be not visible. And turn off secure boot and VT for Direct IO. With that said, I wish you good luck

I'm running Catalina actually on this machine with both DP working. Also it is worth to mention, that graphic acceleration works with max resolution 1080p, when UHD630 can handle 4K (according to Intel website).

Also it is worth to mention, that graphic acceleration works with max resulution 1080p, when UHD630 can handle 4K
You'll need a CFG unlock and an increase of the DVMT pre-allocation to 96MB to get the 4K graphics to work. Search the forums for how to do that. A post by iLikeHackintosh shows how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back