RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Rehabman / Toleda

On GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 audio (using a native device in a usb 2.0 slot), loaded at start up in earlier OS X versions, but now in 10.12.5 or .6 takes about 45 seconds before it loads and becomes active. Once loaded output is fine. Not a big deal, but just curious. Sleuthing / thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • ioreg.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Rehabman / Toleda

On GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 audio (using a native device in a usb 2.0 slot), loaded at start up in earlier OS X versions, but now in 10.12.5 or .6 takes about 45 seconds before it loads and becomes active. Once loaded output is fine. Not a big deal, but just curious. Sleuthing / thoughts would be appreciated.

I have had exactly this problem on my GA-Z87MX-D3H. When I patched to 10.12.6 I decided to install onboard audio as well. For some reason I thought maybe going from no audio devise to a audio device was more problematic than switch output, since other USB peripherals was working fine and detected instantly. I also noticed that the audio device was recognized instantly in the IOReg app, but just took time to show up as an audio device.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-desktop-realtek-applehda-audio.197923/

Either it was 10.12.6 or the script, but this has fixed the problem for me.

I hope this helps.

I use the Sabrent usb audio stick because it works with the native AppleHDA (and still does). The only quirk I've noticed is that recently (with 10.12.5 and 10.12.6) after booting it takes about 30 seconds or so for the audio to become active. Other than that, no complaints. So, my query is what may have happened to cause this? In the windows world, this type of delay is common when drivers get queued up due to multiple programs / processes starting, but previously I've not experienced this with OS X. I've even tried putting AppleHDA in the /EFI/Clover/Others/, but of course this had no effect.

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back