Motherboard
Asus H310T-Clover
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sleep and wake up work reliably on my Lenovo Y50-70 (kudos to @RehabMan for the guide), yet I experience a 10-15 seconds delay between the time I hit the sleep button and the fans go quiet (the wake up is immediate and I cannot be happy more).

I have read in a few places that the delay is "normal", but I wonder if I can fix it if find the root cause... Before I dive into it, though, I want to collect as much information as possible. Is it still normal to have this delay in Mojave? Is it 100% reproducible and all hackintoshes [where sleep works at all] are affected?

When I push the sleep button (either via a menu, or a short hold of the power button, or closing my laptop lid) my screen goes black immediately, but the rest of the system keeps running for another 10-15 seconds, and if I press any key it "wakes up" immediately (which is great :)) and pmset -g reports: "sleep prevented by powerd, mds_stores".

Any pointers are appreciated!

Sleep and wake up work reliably on my Lenovo Y50-70 (kudos to @RehabMan for the guide), yet I experience a 10-15 seconds delay between the time I hit the sleep button and the fans go quiet (the wake up is immediate and I cannot be happy more).

I have read in a few places that the delay is "normal", but I wonder if I can fix it if find the root cause... Before I dive into it, though, I want to collect as much information as possible. Is it still normal to have this delay in Mojave? Is it 100% reproducible and all hackintoshes [where sleep works at all] are affected?

When I push the sleep button (either via a menu, or a short hold of the power button, or closing my laptop lid) my screen goes black immediately, but the rest of the system keeps running for another 10-15 seconds, and if I press any key it "wakes up" immediately (which is great :)) and pmset -g reports: "sleep prevented by powerd, mds_stores".

Any pointers are appreciated!
normal behaviour as per Apple design

@Feartech Is there any information about that design? Is it how it works on Macbooks / iMacs / ...?

@Feartech Is there any information about that design? Is it how it works on Macbooks / iMacs / ...?
yes, as mentioned, "as per Apple design" meaning that is the way Apple does this on their machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back