Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Defective gradients in macOS Catalina 10.15.0 (19A602)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-a320m S2H
CPU
Ryzen 5 1600 af
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 470 4gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I need help with the gradients. I have another volume with Mojave 10.14.6 and the graphics are perfect, they don't show any errors. However, Catalina has that defect, even though it is a clean installation. My graphics card is an RX 470 4gb. I have nothing loaded in my config.plist since this card works natively in Mojave. I appreciate helping me solve this.

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-14 a la(s) 12.07.10 p. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-14 a la(s) 12.07.10 p. m..png
    54.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-14 a la(s) 12.06.45 p. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-14 a la(s) 12.06.45 p. m..png
    18.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-14 a la(s) 12.10.25 p. m._LI.jpg
    Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-14 a la(s) 12.10.25 p. m._LI.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 196
Congratulations, I was able to fix the error. First I need to use Hackintool to patch my screen, following the advice of @pastrychef about a solution found by @Bustycat in this thread.The graphics in general had improved but in the blur of Safari I could still notice the defect.
screen.png

Then I opted to use the SwitchResx app and changing the color settings from Billions to Millions I have completely solved this error. Thanks to the contributions of @pastrychef, @Bustycat and @Gigamaxx.

SwitchResX.png
Solved.png

Congratulations, I was able to fix the error. First I need to use Hackintool to patch my screen, following the advice of @pastrychef about a solution found by @Bustycat in this thread.The graphics in general had improved but in the blur of Safari I could still notice the defect.View attachment 431890
Then I opted to use the SwitchResx app and changing the color settings from Billions to Millions I have completely solved this error. Thanks to the contributions of @pastrychef, @Bustycat and @Gigamaxx.

View attachment 431893View attachment 431894
I guess your display does not support 10-bit colours, and macOS mistakenly applied 10-bit instead of 8-bit, resulting in weird patterns.

I guess your display does not support 10-bit colours, and macOS mistakenly applied 10-bit instead of 8-bit, resulting in weird patterns.
If possible. It is a fairly old screen that is in fact VGA and I use it with an active converter to HDMI. At least it works well. Do you know any way to apply the change of colors from billions to millions without using SwitchRes? I saw that option appeared in previous versions of Machintosh in screen preferences, but it no longer appears.

If possible. It is a fairly old screen that is in fact VGA and I use it with an active converter to HDMI. At least it works well. Do you know any way to apply the change of colors from billions to millions without using SwitchRes? I saw that option appeared in previous versions of Machintosh in screen preferences, but it no longer appears.
Unfortunately macOS has hidden the option. Have you found blurriness of texts on websites after switching to 8-bit?

Unfortunately macOS has hidden the option. Have you found blurriness of texts on websites after switching to 8-bit?
I have not noticed that. Tomorrow I will review, but as I visualized today, the texts read well. Do you have that problem?

I have not noticed that. Tomorrow I will review, but as I visualized today, the texts read well. Do you have that problem?
That just happens with HDMI for me, yet DisplayPort is fine. I think nobody’s situation would be exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back