Contribute
Register

Defective gradients in macOS Catalina 10.15.0 (19A583)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-a320m S2H
CPU
Ryzen 5 1600 af
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 470 4gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I need help with the gradients. I have another volume with Mojave 10.14.6 and the graphics are perfect, they don't show any errors. However, Catalina has that defect, even though it is a clean installation. My graphics card is an RX 470 4gb. I have nothing loaded in my config.plist since this card works natively in Mojave. I appreciate helping me solve this.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 3.png
    3.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 223
I have the same problem with Rx 570 4gb here.

I have the same problem, my hardware is rx 460, 4k 10-bit color display, haswell CPU, I can't solve it for a long time

See if this works:

1. Turn off SIP.
2. Open Hackintool.
3. Switch to the Tools tab and press "Disable Gatekeeper" to mount the disk in read/write mode.
4. Switch to the Display tab and just export without changing anything. Hackintool creates three files and one folder on the desktop.
5. Drag and drop the folder "DisplayVendorID-xxxx" to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides
6. Restart, and remember to turn SIP back on.

You'll find Hackintool here:

Hackintool thread:

See if this works:

1. Turn off SIP.
2. Open Hackintool.
3. Switch to the Tools tab and press "Disable Gatekeeper" to mount the disk in read/write mode.
4. Switch to the Display tab and just export without changing anything. Hackintool creates three files and one folder on the desktop.
5. Drag and drop the folder "DisplayVendorID-xxxx" to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides

Hackintool thread:

Thanks for your detailed reply. Now my display effect has been improved.
I tried putting "xxx. kext" in the "L/E" folder before, but it lost the audio output and didn't always work

See if this works:

1. Turn off SIP.
2. Open Hackintool.

Hackintool thread:
I also posted the similar method a half of year ago.

I also posted the similar method a half of year ago.

Yes I think this is your method originally. You have my thanks!

I didn't remember where I had learnt this. Fixed the banding issues with my 10bit colour compatible display.

Yes I think this is your method originally. You have my thanks!

I didn't remember where I had learnt this. Fixed the banding issues with my 10bit colour compatible display.
It should be an issue caused by macOS itself as some Mac users also reported the same. I did some trial and error with their unclear and complicated clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back