AMD Radeon HD 6850/Intel 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I built a Hackintosh for a relative who isn't very computer savvy. It dual-boots Windows. She will primarily be using Windows, so I need it to boot by default. I have configured it to boot Windows by default by the volume label. I would very much prefer to select the default boot volume by UUID, since it shouldn't ever change. (It seems to me that the "hd" identifier could change if a drive is added or removed. The volume label can be changed using the Windows GUI, which seems dangerously likely.)

Based on the document at http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Org.chameleon.Boot.plist it seems as if the label should be in quotes, but it only works when it is NOT in quotes.

My bigger concern, however, is that volume selection by UUID doesn't seem to work at all. Is this feature only supported for HFS+ volumes? Is there newer documentation? A bug?

Chimera was installed by MultiBeast 4.7.0, and should be v1.11.1.

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't realize that MultiBeast was so far out of synch.

I'll see this computer on Saturday. Time permitting I will install 2.0.1 and retest.

My attempts to try this rendered the system unbootable.

I think there really is a bug here. At the very least, the documentation is vague.

I won't be able to pursue this further, but I hope that someone will look into it or file a bug or something.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back