Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Background: I've finally gotten my dual boot behaving properly after a bit of work but I have one last wish.

Problem: I can now use the Startup Disk pane in OS X to tell Clover to boot Win 7 and it works fine. When I'm in Windows, is there any way I can do the reverse to get back into El Capitan?

Proposed Solution: I know the Bootcamp software comes with a Windows equivalent of the Startup Disk pane from OS X, is it possible to just install this?

Cheers!

Background: I've finally gotten my dual boot behaving properly after a bit of work but I have one last wish.

Problem: I can now use the Startup Disk pane in OS X to tell Clover to boot Win 7 and it works fine. When I'm in Windows, is there any way I can do the reverse to get back into El Capitan?

Proposed Solution: I know the Bootcamp software comes with a Windows equivalent of the Startup Disk pane from OS X, is it possible to just install this?

Cheers!
You can install it. Whether it works or not is a bit iffy. Results are not consistent build to build, so YMMV.

Hmph. Is there any other possible way to change the startup disk via Windows? I need it for remote purposes.
Not that I am aware of. You can boot/reboot Windows remotely, but I do not know of any way to change it to reboot from windows into another OS.

Hi ellissitzky,

Were you able to find a solution for this?
I am having the same one last wish.
All I want is to boot windows or to boot sierra all from remote,
via Microsoft Remote Desktop in windows or from Screen Sharing in osx respectively.

Hi ellissitzky,

Were you able to find a solution for this?
I am having the same one last wish.
All I want is to boot windows or to boot sierra all from remote,
via Microsoft Remote Desktop in windows or from Screen Sharing in osx respectively.
Nope. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back