Contribute
Register

Debate - NVidia, AMD and Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using a custom SoftPowerPlayTable for my Radeon 64 with reduced GPU clock, undervolting and increased RAM clock. That has increased the OpenCL benchmark values significantly.

If you add Radeonboost.kext you will get even more but mostly on the metal side. You could use the SSDT that I suggested and replace the PP table with yours though it has a mild OC already. But I have vered this topic way out of line maybe an Mod could move it starting at post 56 or maybe even more back when At like post 38

If you add Radeonboost.kext you will get even more but mostly on the metal side. You could use the SSDT that I suggested and replace the PP table with yours though it has a mild OC already. But I have vered this topic way out of line maybe an Mod could move it starting at post 56 or maybe even more back when At like post 38
I am not using a Kext anymore or a SSDT. I am injecting the SoftPowerPlayTable, which I have created by myself, with Clover.

I am not using a Kext anymore or a SSDT. I am injecting the SoftPowerPlayTable, which I have created by myself, with Clover.
Ok but your pp table is not what this kext does. It turns back on falconsmufw this was something that Apple disabled for RX cards because they could not fix the fan issue but I guess since you are liquid cooled you just need the kext. The boost kext is to be used with what ever over clocking your doing. Because the kext is enabling falconsmufw.

I put the RadeonBoost kext in, via "kexts/other" in Clover but couldn't see any difference in performance. It's config-only so it's a bit hard to know whether it was even active.

One thing I've observed for a while is that very few processes really get the fans going on the MSI Vega 56, with SSDT. Luxmark does but Geekbench doesn't.

I put the RadeonBoost kext in, via "kexts/other" in Clover but couldn't see any difference in performance. It's config-only so it's a bit hard to know whether it was even active.

One thing I've observed for a while is that very few processes really get the fans going on the MSI Vega 56, with SSDT. Luxmark does but Geekbench doesn't.
With or without whatevergreen? Pretty sure it needs to be without. Some reported it working with whatever others said no also it was broke with bigsur I think

With or without whatevergreen? Pretty sure it needs to be without. Some reported it working with whatever others said no also it was broke with bigsur I think
Catalina 6 broke it. Big Sur won’t let it function either. It

I get a black screen if I don't use WEG.

Well as Gigamaxx said it does not work on 15.6 so that could be the reason it does nothing for you. Second if you are using a Vega at least one DP and one HDMI port should work without WEG. If you have dual monitors on DP you could use the PikeR black screen patch that is included in clover however, it does not work in Big Sur but neither does radeon boost. Unless they figure out to to reenable it in 15.6 and Big Sur this kext might be dead now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back