GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

first of all, I have an old hackintosh (10.9) from my old pc (asus maximus III formula, some i7 2.8 GHz, 4GB ram, ati hd5870)
I bought a new config last october :

intel (r) core (tm) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
8GB ram
Z97 GAMING 5

it booted flawlessly with my new config, I jsut had to run multibeast again, and everything worked.
at that time, I tried to install 10.10, but I encountered some problems, so I went back to my 10.9
my 10.9 still works fine to this day.

I want to try a 10.10 install again, so as my 10.9 is installed on a 120GB ssd, so before ruining it, I'm trying to install 10.10 on an usb2 hard drive.

here are my problems :

first, I can't really install it, the install works fine, but usually after 3/5 minutes (the timing seems to be random, but around 3/( minutes) I have the error shown on "install.jpg"

so I searched a little, and finally I was able to install it with "GraphicsEnabler=no maxmem=4096"

so I tried to boot it with these same arguments, and I got the same error during boot (shown on "boot.jpg")

I searched a little throughout the forums about this deadbeef error, and I saw people fixing that with "-no-zp", so I tried to boot it again, I managed to go into the icloud connection thing, and it just blocked forever while "preparing" my account, I let it go for 30/40 minutes before stopping it. I could move the mouse cursor, there was this little spinning thingy that was still spinning, but nothing else.

can anyone give some hints to help me ?

Attachments

• install.jpg
    install.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 264
  • boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 227
Hi,

first of all, I have an old hackintosh (10.9) from my old pc (asus maximus III formula, some i7 2.8 GHz, 4GB ram, ati hd5870)
I bought a new config last october :

intel (r) core (tm) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
8GB ram
Z97 GAMING 5

it booted flawlessly with my new config, I jsut had to run multibeast again, and everything worked.
at that time, I tried to install 10.10, but I encountered some problems, so I went back to my 10.9
my 10.9 still works fine to this day.

I want to try a 10.10 install again, so as my 10.9 is installed on a 120GB ssd, so before ruining it, I'm trying to install 10.10 on an usb2 hard drive.

here are my problems :

first, I can't really install it, the install works fine, but usually after 3/5 minutes (the timing seems to be random, but around 3/( minutes) I have the error shown on "install.jpg"

so I searched a little, and finally I was able to install it with "GraphicsEnabler=no maxmem=4096"

so I tried to boot it with these same arguments, and I got the same error during boot (shown on "boot.jpg")

I searched a little throughout the forums about this deadbeef error, and I saw people fixing that with "-no-zp", so I tried to boot it again, I managed to go into the icloud connection thing, and it just blocked forever while "preparing" my account, I let it go for 30/40 minutes before stopping it. I could move the mouse cursor, there was this little spinning thingy that was still spinning, but nothing else.

can anyone give some hints to help me ?

Boot flags are case sensitive - If you get them wrong they have no effect.
For example : GraphicsEnabler=no is wrong - It should be GraphicsEnabler=No (or GraphicsEnabler=Yes).

Install using your integrated graphics or add nv_disable=1 to your boot flags.

Ensure that VT-d is disabled in your BIOS.

Connect to your monitor with a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.

vt-d is disabled in my bios, in fact two virtualization settings are disabled in my bios, I had to do that to be able to boot 10.9, I found last october some information about that in this very forum, some settings for Z97 GAMING* motherboards (I even had to update my bios, because one of the two options were missing in my old version)

I tried to install with nv_disable=1 , I'm sure my graphics card was disable, judging by the slugginess of the interface once the installer was booted, and I still had another error, I'll try to report that when I get home tonight.

I didn't know even the "no" was case sensitive, thanks for the info. Imagine I don't have an us keyboard, so, some letters are misplaced too ;p

anyway, thanks for your time, I'll post back once I've tried an install with the parameters correctly spelled.

I tried to install using GraphicsEnabler=No and I still got the deadbeef error.
I'm currently trying using nv_disable=1, but I'm quite sure I already tried and got same error.

It seems random though. Sometimes I got through the install whatever the arguments are.

Should I try using clover ? Or is it sure I'd have the same results ?

EDIT: I just had the deadbeef error with nv_disable=1. Could it change anything if I remove the graphics card physically ?

EDIT 2: I finally managed to install 10.10:

same bios settings as in there (technically, this is true for 10.9 too):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/149773-success-msi-z97-gaming-7-build-mavericks-10-9-4-a.html

I read this :
http://nils.schimmelmann.us/post/115458247217/building-a-msi-z97-gaming-5-yosemite-hackintosh
but I didn't physically remove one of my two ram, I just did a maxmem=4096 (I have 8192)

and I used some multibeast I can't seem to find, but there's nothing fancy, default settings + obvious drivers for this motherboard.

to install, I used "GraphicsEnabler=No maxmem=4096 -no-zp"

it seems to work fine, I'll wait some time before I decide it's ok to overwrite my 10.9/ssd install, but it seems stable (as of now;p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back