Intel HD 4400 / 1920x1080
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi.
Today, while using notebook out of home I got a battery controller bug (has 97% charge and in a moment it has shown 0% charge, after 1 minute of using it on "0% charge" it has just hard shut down).
The bug disappeared after I plugged in power. After some time the bug appeared again, the notebook has shut down again, but I needed it and wasn't able to connect it to power. So I just pressed the power button for 5-7 seconds and battery indicator switched from blinking red to white.
After booting the system up I got no wifi available. It wasn't saying "no hardware" and I was able to create Wi-Fi interface in the Network settings, but no Wi-Fi's were shown.
Bluetooth is still working though.
I booted up from Ubuntu Live USB and the Ubuntu isn't recognizig the Wi-Fi also.
Is my Wi-Fi card dead?

A bit of offtopic - I have tried to install windows and applied the diskpart clean instruction on the whole drive. Is there a way to restore partition tables? Are there live USB's to restore at least the files from HFS partitions?

Hi.
Today, while using notebook out of home I got a battery controller bug (has 97% charge and in a moment it has shown 0% charge, after 1 minute of using it on "0% charge" it has just hard shut down).
The bug disappeared after I plugged in power. After some time the bug appeared again, the notebook has shut down again, but I needed it and wasn't able to connect it to power. So I just pressed the power button for 5-7 seconds and battery indicator switched from blinking red to white.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

After booting the system up I got no wifi available. It wasn't saying "no hardware" and I was able to create Wi-Fi interface in the Network settings, but no Wi-Fi's were shown.

WiFi requires compatible hardware. The FAQ lists the setup requirements....

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I booted up from Ubuntu Live USB and the Ubuntu isn't recognizig the Wi-Fi also.
Is my Wi-Fi card dead?

Check that the WiFi card is well seated in its slot. Also check 'lspci -nn' to see if it is present on the PCI bus. You should also check BIOS settings as some BIOS have a setting to disable the WiFi.

Ubuntu does not support BCM94352 OOB. Requires manual installation of appropriate drivers.

A bit of offtopic - I have tried to install windows and applied the diskpart clean instruction on the whole drive. Is there a way to restore partition tables?

Not sure what you mean by "restore partition tables". The diskpart "clean" command should not be used unless you intend to erase all content from the disk.

Are there live USB's to restore at least the files from HFS partitions?

Just restore from backup.

Not sure what you mean by "restore partition tables". The diskpart "clean" command should not be used unless you intend to erase all content from the disk.
I didn't knew that. Left notebook for 2 days, then ran testdisk under Ununtu, restored partition table and reinstalled Clover. I don't know why, but the wifi started working again!
Is the issue with battery appearing because of non-patched DSDT? I had no battery status, but after installing ACPIBatteryManager.kext I got the status and thought it was all working.

I didn't knew that. Left notebook for 2 days, then ran testdisk under Ununtu, restored partition table and reinstalled Clover. I don't know why, but the wifi started working again!
Is the issue with battery appearing because of non-patched DSDT? I had no battery status, but after installing ACPIBatteryManager.kext I got the status and thought it was all working.

Most laptops require ACPI patches for battery.

See guide (already linked).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back