Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The usb ports on my hackintosh appear to have died. First I had no response from the keyboard (plugged in to front port) but it started working again when I unplugged all the rear ports. Today there is no response from front or rear ports - usb seems to be completely dead. Which obviously means I can't get past the bootloader as I can't select a boot option.

I suspect that this is a hardware failure and it is probably time to replace my motherboard - its six years old now so is about time anyway - but just wanted to check if anyone has any thoughts about anything else I can try. I opened up the case and can't see any obvious loose connections..
Motherboard is a GA-Z68X-UD5-B3

The usb ports on my hackintosh appear to have died. First I had no response from the keyboard (plugged in to front port) but it started working again when I unplugged all the rear ports. Today there is no response from front or rear ports - usb seems to be completely dead. Which obviously means I can't get past the bootloader as I can't select a boot option.

I suspect that this is a hardware failure and it is probably time to replace my motherboard - its six years old now so is about time anyway - but just wanted to check if anyone has any thoughts about anything else I can try. I opened up the case and can't see any obvious loose connections..
Motherboard is a GA-Z68X-UD5-B3

One thing to try :
Unplug the power lead.
Press and hold in the On button for 30 seconds.
Release the button and reconnect the power lead.
Power on and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back