6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My current system is starting to get a bit dated. 5GB DDR2 and a Intel Core 2 Quad. DDR4 RAM is supposed to be hitting the market around september and thats right when I want to be building a new system. How long to you think it will take for DDR4 for to be used in Official Macs? will we have to wait until apple comes out with DDR4 macs before we will be able to run it on a hackintosh?

My current system is starting to get a bit dated. 5GB DDR2 and a Intel Core 2 Quad. DDR4 RAM is supposed to be hitting the market around september and thats right when I want to be building a new system. How long to you think it will take for DDR4 for to be used in Official Macs? will we have to wait until apple comes out with DDR4 macs before we will be able to run it on a hackintosh?
Only Haswell-EX will support DDR4 this year, which is a server platform.

Intel's Skylake architecture will provide mainstream DDR4 support - this is due to hit the market some time in 2015. I'm not sure when Apple typically update their line-up to Intel's new architecture each year but I'd expect to wait until at least mid-2015, probably late 2015, to build a hackintosh with DDR4.

Just wait for Haswell (launching at the start of June, not sure when you'll be able to build a hackintosh with it) and use DDR3 :p

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/2...e-ddr4-memory-with-haswell-ex-server-platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back