Contribute
Register

DC7900 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot help you any further - I have a dc7900 with a GT710 and it works using those settings - No more ideas, sorry.

Hey, just a follow-up. I FINALLY got it to boot properly, but by installing Yosemite pretty much following the instructions in this thread (Unibeast / Multibeast)

At first it kept the same problem than before - but after i installed the nvidia web driver for Yosemite and added nvda_drv=1 to the boot args its all working...

Makes me think if it has to do anything with the GraphicsEnabler=Yes option, that i have right now in my org.boot.chameleon.plist...

Using System Definition Mac Pro 3,1, only Kext installed is FakeSMC 6.18.1394, using Chimera 4.1.0 as bootloader.

If i get to installing / upgrading to El Capitan and get any results, i will report back here...

Hey, just a follow-up. I FINALLY got it to boot properly, but by installing Yosemite pretty much following the instructions in this thread (Unibeast / Multibeast)

At first it kept the same problem than before - but after i installed the nvidia web driver for Yosemite and added nvda_drv=1 to the boot args its all working...

Makes me think if it has to do anything with the GraphicsEnabler=Yes option, that i have right now in my org.boot.chameleon.plist...

Using System Definition Mac Pro 3,1, only Kext installed is FakeSMC 6.18.1394, using Chimera 4.1.0 as bootloader.

If i get to installing / upgrading to El Capitan and get any results, i will report back here...

That's good news.
I would suggest switching to Clover using this guide to test before you actually install :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/test-drive-how-to-create-a-clover-usb.127134/

Once you have Clover installed you can transition to El Capitan.
With your current processor you will not be able to go beyond El Capitan.

That's good news.
I would suggest switching to Clover using this guide to test before you actually install :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/test-drive-how-to-create-a-clover-usb.127134/

Hey, thanks for your reply.

Funny thing i just did exactly that ... Boots fine with Clover as well, currently having Clover on a USB Stick for testing and using Chameleon for direct booting from the internal drive.

I will post a follow up when i get to trying El Capitan.

one more thing which might help people having issues with the integrated sound chipset. It actually works just fine with the current release of voodoohda, which can be downloaded on sourceforge.

At first i thought there was a problem, because the outputs etc. were detected, but no sound was audible. But actually i just had to crank up the silder labeled "imix" in the voodoohda control panel, after that sound is loud and clear...

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 186
Hi.
I'm running Sierra 10.12.3 flawlessly without any DSDT.
I ditched the DSDT (which I took from this thread) only recently and replaced it with nothing, i.e. my DC7900 solely runs on clover (4012) and the appropriate clover patches (see attachment).
The relevant hardware I have is: The dc7900 HP motherboard, an EVGA GT640 (which runs fine on system definition iMac 13,1 (the original Mac has a GT640, too)), and an Intel e8400 processor. With system definition 10,1 (the last Core2Duo setup) the GT640 works, too, but sometimes the screen turns blue briefly before the login screen. A Radeon 6450 runs flawlessly, too, with system definition iMac 10,1 or iMac 13,1.
USB3 (add-on PCIe x1 card) works too with USBInjectAll.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext in the clover kexts folder.
The only other kexts installed are FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext in the same clover kexts 10.12 folder.
To me, my 8€ USB sound adaptor (Sabrent) is much more hassle-free than the VoodooHDA method.

Hope you all can rebuild the system with this setup.
Cheers,
Michael

Attachments

• config.plist_1.png
    config.plist_1.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 287
  • config.plist_2.png
    config.plist_2.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Hi.
I'm running Sierra 10.12.3 flawlessly without any DSDT.
I ditched the DSDT (which I took from this thread) only recently and replaced it with nothing, i.e. my DC7900 solely runs on clover (4012) and the appropriate clover patches (see attachment).
The relevant hardware I have is: The dc7900 HP motherboard, an EVGA GT640 (which runs fine on system definition iMac 13,1 (the original Mac has a GT640, too)), and an Intel e8400 processor. With system definition 10,1 (the last Core2Duo setup) the GT640 works, too, but sometimes the screen turns blue briefly before the login screen. A Radeon 6450 runs flawlessly, too, with system definition iMac 10,1 or iMac 13,1.
USB3 (add-on PCIe x1 card) works too with USBInjectAll.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext in the clover kexts folder.
The only other kexts installed are FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext in the same clover kexts 10.12 folder.
To me, my 8€ USB sound adaptor (Sabrent) is much more hassle-free than the VoodooHDA method.

Hope you all can rebuild the system with this setup.
Cheers,
Michael

Would a AMD ATI Radeon HD6450 512MB work ?

That's good news.

Hi Pilgrim,

Thank you for the guide. I have followed it exactly, and am stuck at the Clover Boot Manager. There is a green clover leaf, below that a small grey cyclinder with a grey hallow around the bottom. There there are five icons under that. Neither my keyboard or mouse appear, and I am unable to proceed. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Hi Pilgrim,

Thank you for the guide. I have followed it exactly, and am stuck at the Clover Boot Manager. There is a green clover leaf, below that a small grey cyclinder with a grey hallow around the bottom. There there are five icons under that. Neither my keyboard or mouse appear, and I am unable to proceed. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Where did you expect your keyboard and mouse to appear ?
Are you using USB or PS/2 ?
Which operating system are you trying to install ?
How far did you get with the installation ?

Where did you expect your keyboard and mouse to appear ?
Are you using USB or PS/2 ?
Which operating system are you trying to install ?
How far did you get with the installation ?

Hi,

I am using USB.
I am trying to install El Capitan.
I just get to the described screen and then nothing happens

Thanks for the quick reply.
Neil

I assume I plug the USB stick into the DC7900 to install OSX onto the machine. Is that correct ?

I am wondering if I am making an obvious mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back