Contribute
Register

DBP's "lammergeier": i7-3770K / GA-Z77X-UP5-TH : photography beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi DBP

As you know I'm in the process of putting together my shopping list to which end I have a question regarding the RAM - do you think there's anything to be gained from using the Geil GEL316GB1866C9DC 16GB (2x8GB) 1866Mhz DDR3 (http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/48973-gel316gb1866c9dc) as opposed to the ones you've got in your machine?

Thanks very much.

There should be some performance gain from the faster memory, although I'm not sure exactly how much. I have wondered if I should have done something like that instead of the 1600 MHz RAM, but haven't been enthused enough to splash out on more RAM. :) What I've got is certainly no slouch, but still...

There should be some performance gain from the faster memory, although I'm not sure exactly how much. I have wondered if I should have done something like that instead of the 1600 MHz RAM, but haven't been enthused enough to splash out on more RAM. :) What I've got is certainly no slouch, but still...

I bought some 2400MHz ram 16GB expecting to see a performance gain over 1600MHz 16GB. Day to day stuff, gaming or video editing, I see no difference. The only place I saw a difference was with Geekbench, 500 point avg increase. To me, performance to price difference, not worth it. I added my 1600MHz ram to the 2400MHz, set it to 1600MHz, my system seems more stable.

DBP's "lammergeier": i7-3770K / GA-Z77X-UP5-TH : photography beast

Thanks you very much DBP. This is my first build and i be able to run dual screen on 2 gpus using your guide.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back