1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
rumors.jpg
(I couldn't resist)

Now that Apple has definitively put to bed all the rumors about the demise of the Mac Pro, I think we need another topic to buzz about & get ourselves worked into a tizzy!! :crazy: And what better topic than another very popular Apple product for musicians: Logic Studio!

For those of you who always like to stay in-the-know about the latest/greatest goings on with your favorite DAW application, check out this article in Premier Guitar: clicky A big "thank you" to sir Stork for once again delivering the goods & sharing that great read with me the other day! Just passing on the luv to y'all....

(Spoiler) The article is a 1-stop-shop read - all about the latest & greatest goings on with your favorite DAW & music production software. Pretty much everyone who has a dog in the fight has released - or is soon to release - a significant update to their DAW that they hope will have cash registers ringing around the world. Personally, I'm waiting for ProTools 11 to drop - the word I'm getting is it'll be the week of June 24th!! Available NOW - 21June2013!!

Of course, GLARINGLY ABSENT from this article is our beloved Logic Studio. I don't think we've had a significant update to this powerful tool since 2009 - in the software world, that's a HUGE gap/fail IMHO. In other DAW & music production forums, guys/gals have been wailing & gnashing their teeth over what may become of Logic Studio since seeing what Apple did to Final Cut Pro X.

For those not familiar with what happened in the video world, Apple completely reinvented the workflow & UI of FCP-X, and initial feedback from long-time FCP power-users was: HOLY @#$%^ - they just turned FCP into "Super iMovie"!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well, the buzz is starting to spin up around an update to Logic...expected/projected for Q4 2013. I'm guessing it's targeted to release about the time the new MacPro starts appearing on shelves. Will Apple "FCP-X" our beloved Logic Studio? Turning it into "Super Garageband"?? Only time will tell. Having said that, a DJ/producer buddy of mine out in LA shared this link with me via Facebook - it's a TINY glimpse into what may be Logic X ... look for the "new?" Logic UI buried in a passing shot of a MPB in an ad for Apogee's Quartet audio interface.

Please feel free to chime in here with your thoughts. And ESPECIALLY feel free to share any links you find credible as to what may be happening in the next iteration of Logic Studio!

Happy music-making, gang!!
:headbang:

I'm badly looking forward Logic Pro X for 2 years.....
But it absented in every product expo like NAMM or WWDC, which make me feel disappoint.

So I hope Logic Pro X will better totally enhanced instead of just "FCPX" it.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but having seen that screen shot about 1 year ago, this is NOT a new version of Logic. Rather just a nice customised interface, (in fact its not that custom at all).

This has been talked to death on other forums, unfortunately it looks like the only leaker at Apple was Steve Jobs! As there are less Apple rumours these days than EVER BEFORE.

As for FCPX, I have come to the belief that FCPX has nothing to do with software- at all. It is 100% about hardware. Get a 7970 and welcome to FCP again.

I don't think that Apple could make as much of a blunder with Logic. Audio is not as taxing on CPU as video.... But then again- considering how Apple is going, probably everything in Logic X is OpenCL. Most probably the timeline renders in the background, and you can see all the waveforms realtime feedback etc.

Oh- and also FCPX integration!

Currently I'm still over the moon in regard to FCPX and 7970 so don't expect anything else logical from me today! (pun intended).

YMMV

As for FCPX, I have come to the belief that FCPX has nothing to do with software- at all. It is 100% about hardware. Get a 7970 and welcome to FCP again.\

Glad you put YMMV - as I think there are many in the FCP community who would disagree with you. Completely overhauling the user interface & basic workflow, doing away with frequently used features (and then having to bring them back after the HUGE outcry from major industry users) is HUGELY about the software app itself.

Having said that, thanks for the clarification on the "rumored new" screenshot of Logic Pro X. That's sort of what this thread was all about - to share the rumor & see if there may be any truth to it, or to offer concrete & current evidence to dispel such rumor :clap:

Sounds exciting! Thanks for the thread, cant wait to find out! :)

As for FCPX, I have come to the belief that FCPX has nothing to do with software- at all. It is 100% about hardware.

Guys and gals doing big time cutting would disagree. It was a train wreck. I could have made a fortune in the pitchfork and torch concession just on the rooms with which we work. It changed the workflow and didn't implement all the features of the previous version. In the audio dept we use Final Cut Studio for rough cuts for the artistic team and we hated the new version. And we aren't picture guys. They were livid. Calling FCPX SuperiMovie was an insult. To iMovie...

I don't see Logic having the same impact. If you are doing big time sound to picture you likely have Nuendo, for music probably Pro Tools. Logic is largely used in the song writing/ composer and project studio realm. And it's an outstanding tool for for that task. As it's not being used in the same way that Final Cut was being used a major change will have less of an impact but it still potentially anger/disappoint a non trivial number of people.

I do have a question for you guys that is slightly OT.

Anyone has any experience with Reaper? It does seem like a very nice alternative for home studios where a budget is something rather limiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back