Contribute
Register

DAW Compatibility: Don't even **THINK** about upgrading to Mavericks until....

AFAIK there have been some issues with logic 9 in mav

specifically with logic 9 in 64 bit mode the 32 bit bridge may or may not work (?) logic x prolly works ok (i have it too) but i'm still using a lot of 32 bit plug-ins

western digital announced their external hard drives might experience data loss when upgrading to mav so until that issue is fully resolved, and i can use my 32 bit plugs i'm not getting mav

(i've read there are some work arounds for 32 bit plugs in logic x but until i'm done a few projects my system is stable and i don't want it to break lol)

western digital announced their external hard drives might experience data loss when upgrading to mav so until that issue is fully resolved, and i can use my 32 bit plugs i'm not getting mav

I seem to recall an email blast & reading a couple articles about this WD drive issue. Looks like the caveat there is compatibility with their drives when you use the collection of WD applications that are pre-installed on the drive itself for managing your drive, data, backups, etc. Clicky & read!

Personally, I never use those vendor-supplied apps - I typically wipe the drive clean when I get it and re-partition myself using Disk Utility. If you're not using those apps on your WD external, then the drive itself should work just fine. And if you **do** have those apps installed & you've upgraded to Mavs, you should uninstall immediately & wait for updates from WD.

TGIF! :headbang:

AFAIK there have been some issues with logic 9 in mav

specifically with logic 9 in 64 bit mode the 32 bit bridge may or may not work (?) logic x prolly works ok (i have it too) but i'm still using a lot of 32 bit plug-ins

(i've read there are some work arounds for 32 bit plugs in logic x but until i'm done a few projects my system is stable and i don't want it to break lol)

logic 9 works best with mountain lion or earlier.. had to downgrade from mavericks back to lion, purchase mountain lion and upgrade (surprisingly difficult operation after already went to yosemite) and this was with native apple machine

Hi @BoomR
I am trying to build mavericks system for installing Pro tools 10
I have posted today here
[Help/Opinion] A Backdated Hackintosh - Mavericks

Need your valuable input.

Also planning to get Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP (firewire Sound card) if that is a problem then I would go for the USB sound card, probably Scarlet series with 2in 6outs.

I hope the build works fine enough to install mavericks and pro tools successfully.

P.S Sorry, I don't know where to post about this and get in touch with you. Since this is a Çaution' post with regards DAW and Mavericks, I thought this would be a better place to discus.

Thank you :)

Hi @BoomR
I am trying to build mavericks system for installing Pro tools 10
I have posted today here
[Help/Opinion] A Backdated Hackintosh - Mavericks

Need your valuable input.

Also planning to get Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP (firewire Sound card) if that is a problem then I would go for the USB sound card, probably Scarlet series with 2in 6outs.

I hope the build works fine enough to install mavericks and pro tools successfully.

P.S Sorry, I don't know where to post about this and get in touch with you. Since this is a Çaution' post with regards DAW and Mavericks, I thought this would be a better place to discus.

Thank you :)
I would think as long as your build components have appeared on past Buyer's Guide posts & around the time where Mavericks was the current OS, you should be in good shape. And/or you've studied other successful builds using those components + Mavs. Good luck & keep us posted!!!

Back