Asus PRIME Z490-A ATX
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
Intel integrated GPU
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello everybody,

I've been carefully reading the forum since a while, what a great place to learn!
After months of reading I've finally decided to start with my first build, a I9 10900 with a double boot Catalina/Windows 10 with the following specs:

- Intel Core i9-10900 2.8 GHz 10-Core Processor
- Asus PRIME Z490-A ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
- Kingston HyperX Fury 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory
- 2x Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drives
- Corsair HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
- Noctua NH-D14 64.95 CFM CPU Cooler
- Fractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Case
- Firewire Pci-e board

I was looking for very quiet fans and case plus some real fast Nvme for managing large music libraries..
No particular need for a dedicated GPU at the moment, I'll probably add one later if I will need a second monitor.

Any suggestion or something which I am totally wrong or missing before I order anything?
I was looking at Samsung Evo nvme but looks like there are some issues with them?

Thanks a million in advance and keep the great work!

I know this is a few months old. I am curious what did you go with? I am a DAW user, and I went by Shiloh's build from here:

Instead of buying the case he bought I purchased the Fractal Design Define 7 XL Black Brushed Aluminum / Steel E-ATX Silent Modular Tempered Glass Window Full Tower Computer Case. Samsung Evo M.2 is your best best, they are the most popular because they are most compatible with OSX.

What DAW software do you use? I've been using Pro Tools for over 15 years, Refx Nexus 2 and now 3, Native Instruments Kontakt, Akai MPC Studio Pro with its software. You will love the 10 core build, its freaking awesome!!

This build is pretty cool, but to me it's not optimal for strong toques para celular. Let's add a bit to the video card and Ram. Wish you have great music.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back