Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] Davinci Resolve and my Hackintosh

Hi everyone!
When I decided to build a Hackintosh, one of the primary functions of the build was that it had to run Final Cut Pro and DaVinci Resolve. Everything initially looked very promising with my GTX 780. On the first launch of DaVinci, it rendered things about 10-15 times faster than my iMac :headbang: HOWEVER...after I did a reboot (this would be the first reboot after the drivers install reboot) DaVinci gave me the following error on start: Davinci Problem.jpg

So obviously I had the right drivers before the restart...but something disappeared?

My system: ASUS Sabertooth x79, intel i7 4930k, GTX 780

I'd appreciate anyones help or input. Thanks much.

I'm gonna bump this because I bet its an easy fix. haha

Bump Bump. Anyone have any ideas? I also tried the Nvidia web drivers but they bricked my hack for some reason.

Hi, i'm not a big helper, because i'm not very tech. But I can say that i'm using Resolve on my gtx 660 ti without problems! It should work. Your problem actually looks wierd. Did you try reainstalling Cuda drivers? http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-6.5.18-driver.html

Well you may be more helpful than you think haha. No I did not! I do not know how, but thats an excellent idea sir.

EDIT: more specifically, how do you properly do that on a hackintosh? :lol:

Just download and install the drivers I mentioned in a link like on a regular Mac ! ;)

Soweet, I will try this after work and let you know. Thanks much! If you don't mind subscribing to this thread, I may have more questions for you since you have DaVinci all up and running.

Just download and install the drivers I mentioned in a link like on a regular Mac ! ;)

Thank you so much wailjdii! That seems to have done the trick. Not only solving the issue, but huge images now pop up instantaneously and I've never experienced that before o_O

Problem SOLVED! :thumbup:

PS : now I feel really dumb :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back