GeForce GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
I just downloaded DaVinci Resolve 15 to start learning how to use it but I got stuck at startup and the software shut down when the message "looking for control surface" appear.
I Re-installed many times deleting all the blackmagic files in the libraries, Application Support and Preferences.
Do I have an incompatible hackintosh?
Running on my old MacBookPro (mid 2012) runs fine.
Thanks

---
Edit.

So I have installed the Cuda Drivers downloading form here:

https://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

I now can through the "looking for control surface" but I now get stuck on the message "loading waveform monitor". The sofware won't crash but it will idle on that forever.
Is there any other update/install I have to do, please?
Thanks

Last edited:
Runs fine on my i7-7600 with 32GB RAM and macOS 10.12.6...though takes ages to load....

Just installed latest official 15 version from August....

Do you see any error messages when launching from console?

I'm getting the exact same problem with the latest release (15.something). I have the CUDA drivers installed though, so I can't imagine that's my issue. I'm still running macOS 10.12.6.

Unfortunately not here. Just downloaded 15.3 version and behaves the same way: when on "looking for control surface" it shuts down.
No errors when launched from terminal console.
Installed the latest CUDA drivers too.
I'll try to move to Premiere now.

Last edited:
Long standing bug with Davinci Resolve, with many thousands of complaints. We could never get it to work with that error. Proposed solutions by BlackMagic never worked. They need a "Disable look for control surface" checkbox, and a better config routine. We really hoped we could switch from Adobe, but never could. Best to move on to another app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back