Motherboard
ASUS Z97-A
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GT740
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As part of getting sound to work after sleep, one of the last steps (http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/152...er-sleep-alc892-yosemite-clover-help-fix.html) is to set Darkwake=8 (which I did). It was originally darkwake=0. In both cases sleep and wake worked fine on my ASUS Z97-A. I was wondering if anyone knew what all the darkwake numbers corresponded to?

Darkwake=0
Darkwake=1
Darkwake=2
Darkwake=3
Darkwake=4
Darkwake=8
Darkwake=10

Thank you Jay.

i am trying to see why my CodecCommander.kext for re-enabling audio after sleep works after shorter sleeps but not after a long nights sleep.

@Wilky13,

Have you tried EPADFix ? ..... I use it on my Sony Laptop Hack and it's never failed, long sleep, short sleep, lid sleep ... works all the time for me.

Cheers
Jay

@Wilky13,

Have you tried EPADFix ? ..... I use it on my Sony Laptop Hack and it's never failed, long sleep, short sleep, lid sleep ... works all the time for me.

Cheers
Jay

So come to find out its not on sleeps is the problem, its the security updates from the 9th. Before I installed them on March 10th, the CodecCommander.kext re-enalbled audio after sleep no problem. Now with the security update installed the CodecCommander.kext no longer works. :banghead:

Is there a way to uninstall the update?

So come to find out its not on sleeps is the problem, its the security updates from the 9th. Before I installed them on March 10th, the CodecCommander.kext re-enalbled audio after sleep no problem. Now with the security update installed the CodecCommander.kext no longer works. :banghead:

Is there a way to uninstall the update?

@Wilky13,

Try the pre version 2.0+ of EPADfix (attached) which uses a much simpler method to wake the EAPD and requires no plist editing .... i use it on my sony laptop which has the latest security update and audio sleeps & wakes with no issues ... be sure to remove code commander first ...

Worth a try ?

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• EAPDFix.kext.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 313
@Wilky13,

Try the pre version 2.0+ of EPADfix (attached) which uses a much simpler method to wake the EAPD and requires no plist editing .... i use it on my sony laptop which has the latest security update and audio sleeps & wakes with no issues ... be sure to remove code commander first ...

Worth a try ?

Cheers
Jay

Thanks, Jay, but unfortunately, still no sound after sleep.

The 2.0+ version popped an error saying: "Failed to find Audio device HDEF@." even though it was set at '1B' in the info.plist.

The pre 2.0 version you attached got rid of that error, but still no sound. I installed it right before 8:30 PM.

130350-eapd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back