Contribute
Register

Dark screen after loading, before the installation menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm running now Sierra (10.12.5) without any problems. I tried to install High Sierra on my desktop (i5-3470, H77-DS3H, HD7850), but I had one big problem. After loading screen (with Apple logo) my screen became gray and the installation menu didn't appear. Any ideas, suggestions how can I fix that? I use the same configuration like on Sierra, but of course with apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI, newest Clover, kexts etc.

Same Problem for me, no success with whatever green and lilu. iGPU on High Sierra ends in kernel panic. But I'm using R9 380X. Seems AMD related.

Same Problem here stuck at grey screen after launching the installer from clover menu.

I guess this is a problem with Radeon graphic cards or maybe Gigabyte MOBO. We have similar PC spec and have same problem.

Issue seems to be Giga F22a BIOS incompatible with some AMD GPU, from 10.12.6 to 10.13, AMD HD7750 and RX460 no longer work with my GA H110M-H , others mobos work out of box with lilu + whatevergreen, sleep/wakeup and HDMI all ok.

Issue seems to be Giga F22a BIOS incompatible with some AMD GPU, from 10.12.6 to 10.13, AMD HD7750 and RX460 no longer work with my GA H110M-H , others mobos work out of box with lilu + whatevergreen, sleep/wakeup and HDMI all ok.

On 10.12.6 everything works fine. :/ Any ideas how can I fix that problem?

On 10.12.6 everything works fine. :/ Any ideas how can I fix that problem?

Both RX460 and 7750 did not work with GA H110M-H (F22a BIOS) but work with others mobo like MSI B150M Pro-VH, B250M Pro-VHD, Asrock H110M ITX-ac, Biostar H110MVH3, need Lilu.kext + WhateverGreen.kext, Clover boot arg "-lilubeta" "radpg=15".

Last edited:
have you tried downgrading the BIOS version?

Yes, roll back to F20 bios (can not roll back to F1 or F2 bios) and try to drop BGRT table, not work, seems to be no chance with this mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back