Contribute
Register

DarfWeder's Thin MiniITX build: Asus H81T - i5-4570s - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus H81T I have this motherboard to build a new system

bro can tell me how to do the pm patch dry run i cant boot up my tumbdrive but i aready done the seting at bios but i did not did the dry run

Nice guide!
i have only one problem, i install all regularly by the usb boot, i update to 10.9.5 regularly, no problem, when i install chimera i reboot and the pc loops (only black screen with Underscorr blinks, apple logo don't appear) about two times and go into bios again,
only with this motherboard i have this problem! (other h97m etc.. will not)
I've loaded the latest bios, Secure boot "other os". Reinstalled Mavericks about 4 times differently. it will start only by usb boot without any -x -v or g.e., and still works fine!

Hello

First of all nice guide!
I got the same Motherboard with i3-4130T. Can u update your guide for OS X 10.10 Yosemite ?

First of all I want to thank you for the guide. It really helped me.

I was wondering if you have updated this system to Yosemite. If so, did you encounter any problems?

Thanks again!

Hello!
I have followed your gide as I also have an asus h81t, just with another cpu (new haswel refresh).
I followed your instructions, to try to get audio, but i haven´t managed correctly. I have got audio from internal speakers and even hdmi but nothing from the rear audio jack (green line out).
I wondered if yours worked fine, or if you have any suggestion or idea of what else to try :)

Cheers!

Hi DarfWeder,

I have this motherboard, but I want to know how the adaptor works. I'm not able to find the power I need to this configuration.

In my case, I have other CPU that need 85W (i5-4570).

I have an AC adaptor with 120W and 19V (6A max), and I see that yours has 19,5V (6,9A). My AC adaptor should work too? Or this motherboard only works with 19,5V - 6.9A?

Thank you!
Sergio

EDIT: the AC adapter is Tacens Oris Dual Pro 120, and works with other voltages.

Last edited:
Hi DarfWeder,

I have this motherboard, but I want to know how the adaptor works. I'm not able to find the power I need to this configuration.

In my case, I have other CPU that need 85W (i5-4570).

I have an AC adaptor with 120W and 19V (6A max), and I see that yours has 19,5V (6,9A). My AC adaptor should work too? Or this motherboard only works with 19,5V - 6.9A?

Thank you!
Sergio

EDIT: the AC adapter is Tacens Oris Dual Pro 120, and works with other voltages.
Hi
Well if your CPU needs 85W and your power suplly puts out 120W... you’re cutting it close. If you have an SSD on it only, it might work....

Indeed my CPU IS JUST 65W and I got about 150W from the power supply so I run hdd.

Not sure where you are based but in my originalpost I said I was using a Dell powersupply. There are aftermarket models like it with higher output as well, and they cost around €30-35...

Just thought that I report this machine is still as described but recently I moved to macOS High Sierra.
Had issues downloading the complete 5GB file from Apple but managed in the end.
Created USB stick etc, fiddled a bit with the BIOS to get it to boot the stick at first, then installed 13.6 with UniBeast/Clover.
Used a spare hdd at first to make sure and test.
After running MultiBeast and setting UEFI boot, Audio Realtek 887/888, Wireless to Realtek 81111 v2.0 (I run a rebranded Dell DW1650), mac mini 6,2 and everything is fine. So much easier than what I had to go through at first.
Thank you Tony and team!

I will upgrade the RAM to 8 or more GB as 4 is a bit tiny. Don’t know if audio over hdmi is working but audio is. Just weird thing is in System Preferences, Sound, you have to set it to use Internal Speaker... line out doesn’t work as there is no sound but other than that... walk in the park.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back