Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone,

First, I'll say what all newbies here say: Thanks so much for all the quality work you all have put into this forum, especially, of course, tonymacx86. I've been reading through post after post for the last few weeks getting ready to put together my first Hackintosh, and now I'm happy to say that I am typing this message from it.

The problem that I'm having is with my D-link 556. Based on a few threads about wifi cards, I chose this one because it appears to work OOB. And it did... until I fixed my sound (889). I'm trying to remember if there's anything else I did at the same time, but I don't think there is.

Fortunately, the wired ethernet is working flawlessly, so it's not an immediate concern... but...

Is anyone else having trouble with the D-link 556? Could it be an issue of 32 vs. 64 bit?

I haven't set up my sig. yet, but here's my hardware:

Mobo: Gigabyte p55a-ud4p
CPU: i7-860
Graphics:Gigabyte GeForce9800 GT silent cell
Memory: 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws (2x4GB)
WiFi: D-Link 556
PSU: Antec EA650 RT
Optical Drive: Sony optiarc DVD-R
HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB

Long term, select the 32 bit com.apple.boot.plist from Multibeast>Advanced>com.apple....

Short term @ each boot, you can I think over-ride the setting in the (64 bit) plist that you already have, by typing (before count down timer expires): arch=i136
at the Chameleon boot screen before hitting enter to boot the selected OS (HD icon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back