Contribute
Register

Cypress PS2 Trackpad not work, Caps lock is unreliable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
My laptop is DELL XPS L322X. My cypress trackpad work well in El Capitan with the kext released by http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294608-cypress-ps2-trackpad-kext/. But it does not support Sierra.
I install the RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-1208.zip. the trackpad can not work with one finger tap, two fingers scroll etc. And the Caps lock is still unreliable.

You will need to find a version of the Cypress PS2 kext that has been updated for 10.12.
Or you can port the necessary changes from my repo to the Cypress code (if you have some dev experience).

You will need to find a version of the Cypress PS2 kext that has been updated for 10.12.
Or you can port the necessary changes from my repo to the Cypress code (if you have some dev experience).
I'm a developer. but I have no experience on C++.
I have not found the 10.12 supported version of Cypress PS2.

I'm a developer. but I have no experience on C++.

Hopefully you can learn ...

I have not found the 10.12 supported version of Cypress PS2.

You will probably not find it. Perhaps the developer got rid of the laptop before 10.12 was released, so no need to update it...
You should find the source and merge my changes into it...

It's a bad news. maybe I should stay in 10.11.
You should find the source and merge my changes into it...
Can you point out the main change for 10.12 simply? I try to do it.

It's a bad news. maybe I should stay in 10.11.

Can you point out the main change for 10.12 simply? I try to do it.

Look at the commit log on my github.

Look at the commit log on my github.

I have merge your project into the Cypress, modify a little code and build success. After installed and reboot, I get KP error. It must be the Cypress code not compatible to Sierra, because all your project code has been updated to the proj.
I upload the proj, can you please help me to analysis where is the bug. If it spent much time to solve it, then you can give up. If the bug is obvious, could you help me to fix it? thanks.

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller_DELL_source-archive.zip
    956.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I have merge your project into the Cypress, modify a little code and build success. After installed and reboot, I get KP error. It must be the Cypress code not compatible to Sierra, because all your project code has been updated to the proj.
I upload the proj, can you please help me to analysis where is the bug. If it spent much time to solve it, then you can give up. If the bug is obvious, could you help me to fix it? thanks.

Show photo of KP.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back