Contribute
Register

Cyber Monday!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the KingSpec proven to be reliable in your system ? Do you boot from it ?
Currently has Ventura 13.0.1 installed on my signature build. No it's not the fastest, it exists between Samsung, WD and HP and a regular SSD. But it is reliable and it just works, I've owned it for 4 years now.

Last edited:
What boot times do you get ?
From cold it's not far behind my A320I-K/7 5700X combo at 19 seconds!, about 25.

I downloaded their "confidential spec sheet" and it looks like the major compromise is the write speeds and the 4K random writes at 14,500 IOPS. Nothing to write home about. The reads are perfectly good though so it works as a boot drive. For saving some cash it's not a bad idea.

Screen_Shot_11.jpg

I downloaded their "confidential spec sheet" and it looks like the major compromise is the write speeds and the 4K random writes at 14,500 IOPS. Nothing to write home about. The reads are perfectly good though so it works as a boot drive. For saving some cash it's not a bad idea.
I already own a WD Black 750 with Ventura 13.0.1 installed and Samsung 970 EVO Plus for Windows 11 gaming. Yeah!, definitely wouldn't use it for 4K video production, but for a budget build it's definitely worth the savings and it's reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back