Contribute
Register

Customize 'About this Mac' Icon in Yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock P67Pro3 SE
CPU
Core i7 2700k
Graphics
Sapphire R9 280x Dual-X
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So in Mavericks and back you could just change your Icon in `/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources`, but now In Yosemite, where it just shows the 'X' Icons, how do you change that?

Haha! It's easy! Go to /Applications/Utilities/System Information/Contents/Resources Turn on Show Hidden Files and replace SystemLogo.tiff Simple! :):D:headbang::p:lol::thumbup: I know the picture below is in Mavericks, but I don't like Yosemite, so it's from a Time Machine Backup. My personal choice, that's all.

Guide Yosemite Logo.png

Last edited:
Haha! It's easy! Go to /Applications/Utilities/System Information/Contents/SystemLogo.tiff and replace that! Simple! :):D:headbang::p:lol::thumbup: I know the picture below is in Mavericks, but I don't like Yosemite, so it's from a Time Machine Backup. My personal choice, that's all.

View attachment 110888

hello :)

and me i'm looking for how change cpu name in yosemite. someone knows?

Haha! It's easy! Go to /Applications/Utilities/System Information/Contents/SystemLogo.tiff and replace that! Simple! :):D:headbang::p:lol::thumbup: I know the picture below is in Mavericks, but I don't like Yosemite, so it's from a Time Machine Backup. My personal choice, that's all.

View attachment 110888

Hey, I can't see the .tiff in the app? Any ideas why?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 13.10.09.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 13.10.09.png
    159 KB · Views: 539
Hmmm... Interesting. It seems that your Resources are different to mine. I have extra files like AppleCareBox.tiff and so on. Just try putting a SystemLogo.tiff in the folder.

If that does't work, try searching for it. Sorry if I'm unable to help.

- CyberQuack

First note:
/Applications/Utilities/System Information/Contents/SystemLogo.tiff ** is incorrect **

It Should read:
/Applications/Utilities/ [right click] System Information.app [Show Package Contents /Contents/Resources/SystemLogo.tiff

However, the SystemLogo file is hidden. To view hidden files, just open Terminal and run the following commands

Code:
$ defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
$ killall Finder

Once done, you will be able to view the SystemLogo.tiff file in the Resources folder
I renamed mine to OldSystemLogo.tiff It will ask you to Authenticate
so enter your system password. After that, I dragged my new logo file to the same Resources folder
Authenticate again. Then click on About This Mac again and you should be good to go.

If wanted, run the above Code commands again and change YES to NO to hide hidden files again.

Enjoy,
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back