Contribute
Register

Customising CUSTOMBEAST - change the DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MAC OSX 10.6.8
CPU
intel i5 2500k
Graphics
AMD RADEON 5670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I have just received my download of custombeast although it is for the wrong BIOS version of my motherboard (F12, whilst I have F11).

Using pacifist I have managed to locate where the DSDT is kept in the packages so do you think it would be possible to just replace the DSDT within custombeast for my own or will I have to apply again for custombeast and request the F11 DSDT (I don't actually remember being asked for my BIOS version when I donated)

Any help greatly appreciated

deviljames said:
Hi, I have just received my download of custombeast although it is for the wrong BIOS version of my motherboard (F12, whilst I have F11).

Using pacifist I have managed to locate where the DSDT is kept in the packages so do you think it would be possible to just replace the DSDT within custombeast for my own or will I have to apply again for custombeast and request the F11 DSDT (I don't actually remember being asked for my BIOS version when I donated)

Any help greatly appreciated

Do us all (and yourself) a favor and add all of your specs to your signature. :)

Also, why not update BIOS to F12? Most of the new DSDT edits have been added to the latest BIOS versions, which in your case is F12.

Sorry V, was just in the process of updating it.

Well I'm new to all this and I didn't really want to flash my mobo incase I cock it up so thought it might just be easier to switch the DSDT over and repackage the files.

If I have to flash my mobo then I guess ill have to but Im just apprehensive about it.

well you could run the custombeast package, then when its finished, replace the dsdt in the /extra folder with the f11 dsdt you download from the database.

i believe the f12 dsdt will work fine with the f11 bios though.

your board should have 2 bios chips on it though, so itll be hard to mess up the update.
watch a video on how to do it before hand, and dont switch off the pc while its updating and you should be golden ;)

thanks samisnake. Yeah I could swap over in Extras, I didnt think of that thanks.

I actually just managed to alter my own custombeast by extracting everything using pacifist swapping over the dsdt and then using PackageMaker to put it all back together again. But I think it will be safer/easier to just replace the one in extras.

Is there a real advantage of flashing my mobo. Ive always been thought that if everything is working ok with the mobo then it is just an unnecessary risk to flash it.

Thanks,

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back