Contribute
Register

Customise ProperTree to open like other Plist Editors and more..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H (F7)
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm not sure if this is old news but I only spotted this Settings window after re-downloading ProperTree to resolve Snapshots following the release of OpenCore v0.7.4

Defalt ProperTree Settings Screenshot.png

By default, ProperTree is set to "Expand Children When Opening Plist" but you can now disable that behavior to open your config.plist like so ;

ProperTree New Defaut Mod Screenshot.png

Screenshots were done in Ubuntu.

To open the Settings window ;

Launch ProperTree > File > Settings and it will launch a separate Settings window (as shown earlier);

You can customize quite a lot; dark mode, light mode, fonts, colours e.g, like changing the Highlight Color to Ubuntu orange (hex colour #dd4814). You can change the boolean from "True/False" to state "Yes/No" and match the behavior of other Plist Editors like e.g, Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

You can also change the Snapshot function to match the different OpenCore release version, handy if your staying with an earlier OpenCore version release and don't want the OpenCore Snapshot function changing your config.plist formatting. You get the idea !

Credits : CorpNewt
ProperTree GiHub

Last edited:
It may well be old news but I've never noticed the Settings of ProperTree. Unchecking the expand children option makes for a smoother user experience. Thanks for the tip.

Nice!, thanks for sharing. I was having issues opening config.plists in ProperTree earlier on my M1MBA with Monterey. Fixed it by downloading Python 3.9.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back