Contribute
Register

CustomBeast Expanded to X58 Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CustomBeast Experience

Hey there Hac'ers.

Wanted to say it's definitely worth a couple of bones thrown TonyMac's way to get some things lined out, especially if, like me, you really need to bone up on DSDT editing and just simply don't have the time currently.

I now have a full 64 bit (woohoo!) system and also full audio with all ports properly mapped. I did not have either before despite some effort (but not total) on my part. I was ok with the audio but 64 bit would KP on me. So thanks TonyMac and gang!

That said, I have a few issues I would like to ask about. First, I have a CalDigit card and the USB 3 hacked driver/kext solution does not work, just FYI. Neither does it work on my MacBook Pro with a Seagate or LaCie Expresscard. Just wanted the powers that be (modbin?) to know this. I will of course install the CalDigit driver and be fine on my Hac Pro. So I assume that USB3 on newer mobos was primary goal?

Second is that I have an EVGA GTX 470 and everything is fine (I had that part running the same before CustomBeast) with the exception of no OpenCL. Also, it might be a good idea to ask in the form if the card shows at 0 or 1 pciRoot as mine always came in at 1 no matter what I did. Same went for a GTX 295 and 285 I had in it previously as well. I knew enough to edit com.apple.boot.plist before I rebooted. ;)

Also the Chameleon installer in Multibeast only seems to overwrite the boot file on the main partition and not the other two. If I manually install a Cham version then later run MB, I have to yank the drive and plug it into a dock on my MB Pro to redo the boot stuff. Or set the partition to active, which might be my problem and not the installers, i.e. I forgot to do it. So much to remember, and this overm

The DSDT doesn't seem to work fully either, as I get a BIOS reset on restart, and even my (lamely) patched one didn't do that. Also and this is not a CustomBeast issue but was wondering if anyone else has seen this.....

I have a Core i7 920 with 12GB (6X2Gb) Corsair XMS3 1600 RAM and no matter what speed or overclock I do, be it stock up to 3.6Ghz, the RAM on reboot at post will lose between 2-8Gb RAM. The only time it doesn't do this is on a cold boot when it has sat for about 15 mins. I have MemTested the crapola outta these chips and all is well. Except they will only consistently post 12Gb at 1066 with a 2.4Ghz CPU. Lame.

It's a rev1 EX58-UD5 and has a Core i7 920, with the aforementioned XMS3 1600. One thing I am still a little unclear on after many tweaks and tries with this board is the absolute best, screen by screen BIOS setup, from EIST to Prochot, and yadda yadda.

Anyone who cares to chime in on this feel free. This is a serious full time work box, so messng around once things were "ok" wasn't so much an option as I would have liked.

Thanks to all and if I can help anyone out I will as well. Four years in on this and still love doing Hacs as much now (150 or so total) as the first one i did. Love my real Macs too of course, but hey, when it comes to desktop units, I know what I want better than Steve does. ;)

Right? Right? Yea...... hehehehehe

MacWynn

Hi... So I donated $50 before I made my account. Can I still get a DSDT? Or, for now, a confirmation? Is there someone I can talk to?

king toe said:
Hi... So I donated $50 before I made my account. Can I still get a DSDT? Or, for now, a confirmation? Is there someone I can talk to?
In the header above, click on "Resources", then click on "DSDT Database". On the database screen click on the motherboard button and follow the drop down screens to your board and bios and click on it to download it.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    441.3 KB · Views: 109
simples question, as I am installing my hackintosh now.

its steps :

1. Boot and Install Snow Leopard using iBoot-GE
2. Install 10.6.5 Combo Update
3. install custombeast
3. Reboot

is that correct ? or DO i need to install the Nvidia update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back