Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My last hackintosh was based on GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770K and GeForce GTX 650. All in all I'm somewhat satisfied although USB 3.0 ports run as 2.0 and strictly for musical applications this is not a great issue.

I attempted to look at the Buyer's Guide for another, newer and more powerful hackintosh. Unfortunately - for the targeted price tag - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H is not avaliable, at least in Italy.

Assuming I would make my build with similar motherboards, are there any alternatives?

By the way, the newer machine will be used for intense CAD--ArchiCAD applications and render

Thanks

My last hackintosh was based on GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770K and GeForce GTX 650. All in all I'm somewhat satisfied although USB 3.0 ports run as 2.0 and strictly for musical applications this is not a great issue.

I attempted to look at the Buyer's Guide for another, newer and more powerful hackintosh. Unfortunately - for the targeted price tag - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H is not avaliable, at least in Italy.

Assuming I would make my build with similar motherboards, are there any alternatives?

By the way, the newer machine will be used for intense CAD--ArchiCAD applications and render

Thanks

What about the UD3H or UD3H - BK models? Do you really need the extra ethernet port, SATA ports and PCIe slot that the UD5 has that the UD3 does not?

What about the UD3H or UD3H - BK models? Do you really need the extra ethernet port, SATA ports and PCIe slot that the UD5 has that the UD3 does not?

Thanks for your reply Going Bald

I was missing you :D

Well, I'm used to multi HD hackintoshes (usually 4 - 6 different storage units) and I would that my new hackintosh had also Firewire ports, to possibily run MotU 828mkIII FW audio interfaces.
FW audio interfaces remain the same and will be used when I move to another hackintosh, more powerful, within 2-3 years. That's why I still need FW400 ports.
At present I'm very confused and puzzled because I can't afford to buy a real MacPro, but on the other hand, I need a powerful engine to run ArchiCAD.
Again I would create a dual boot machine, as usual, running (separately, of course) Windows 10 and El Capitan or Yosemite...
Perhaps my only choice is waiting for the new motherboard generation.. Or a second hand UD5H motherboard, although it's somewhat risky.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

Thanks for your reply Going Bald

I was missing you :D

Well, I'm used to multi HD hackintoshes (usually 4 - 6 different storage units) and I would that my new hackintosh had also Firewire ports, to possibily run MotU 828mkIII FW audio interfaces.
FW audio interfaces remain the same and will be used when I move to another hackintosh, more powerful, within 2-3 years. That's why I still need FW400 ports.
At present I'm very confused and puzzled because I can't afford to buy a real MacPro, but on the other hand, I need a powerful engine to run ArchiCAD.
Again I would create a dual boot machine, as usual, running (separately, of course) Windows 10 and El Capitan or Yosemite...
Perhaps my only choice is waiting for the new motherboard generation.. Or a second hand UD5H motherboard, although it's somewhat risky.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Amazon IT has the GA-Z97X-SOC and the Z97X-SLI, both of which are a close match for the UD5H.
The SLI is less expensive, but does not have the Display Port connection the SOC has.

Couple this with an i7 and 32GB RAM and it would probably last you for the next few years.

In the meantime big thanks :thumbup:

By the way, any known issues about native audio/video cards??...
I wouldn't GA-Z97X-SOC drove me mad :D

Is there a PCI FW card that's compatible with OSX?

Thanks... again

Actually my list is:
GA-Z97X-SOC
i7 4790K
G.Skill 32GB PC19200 CL10 KIT (4x8GB) 32GTX TridentX
Corsair Hydro 100i
Gigabyte GTX970
2 x 512GB Samsung 850PRO
2 x 2TB Caviar Black
DVD Pioneer S21K
Corsair 860W AX860i
Corsair Carbide 500R

I'm expecially worried for the graphic card which seems not compatible with Mavericks...
This list is quite heavy, being almost 2300€ :crazy: I can't afford to fail.

[h=1][/h]

Going Bald
Please give a sign of life if you can.
I have just three main concerns:
- GPU, if GTX970 runs oob or needs some fumblings
- If Atheros killer is the right kext to make Ethernet pprt working
- What is the right kext to have audio working

thanks

Going Bald
Please give a sign of life if you can.
I have just three main concerns:
- GPU, if GTX970 runs oob or needs some fumblings
- If Atheros killer is the right kext to make Ethernet pprt working
- What is the right kext to have audio working

thanks

All of the 9xx series cards require the nVidia web drivers and the driver version is matched to the OS X version, use forum search with keywords nVidia releases and you will get all of the announcements with links to the nVidia driver download page(s). Download page has a link to the corresponding CUDA driver, so you do not have to search for it. Easiest is to use CPU graphics to install with, then plug in the GPU but stay on CPU graphics. Download the driver and install it, use the pref pane to switch to nVidia driver, add nvda_drv=1 to your boot-args in Clover config.plist (or org.chameleon.boot.plist if using Chimera boot loader).
Atheros Killer driver is in MultiBeast selections for Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan.

For audio use the guide for ALC1150 if you want to use on-board audio - see http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

Wonderful reply, thanks for your invaluable help and support. :thumbup:

I feel being a soldier that's preparing for the battle... :)

Wonderful reply, thanks for your invaluable help and support. :thumbup:

I feel being a soldier that's preparing for the battle... :)

Just remember to follow the 7Ps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back