Contribute
Register

CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I am still using Sierra 10.12.6 on this NUC and decided to update to the latest Security Update 2008-001 released very recently.

Last time I updated to a (previous) Security Update without first updating Clover, I ended up in trouble and kernel panics. This time, I first updated Clover to v2.4k_r4392 and then ran the security updates. However, I get kernel panics each time I reboot; the only way to enter to the system is to use -s for single user mode, then type 'exit' to keep booting.

Unfortunately the KP stays on-screen for only 2-3 seconds and don't have the chance to read and try figuring out what could be wrong. I cleaned caches with KextUtility etc. but no luck.

Any ideas if latest Clover introduced a parameter that I may have missed, and needed in my config.plist? My settings are pretty simple, really. What's strange is that I get to boot when first in -s single mode; but a straight boot from the Clover screen ends-up in KP. I disabled the boot-time glitch patch but that didn't help.

Any ideas or advice is welcome. Thank you!

UPDATE: For anyone facing same issue, it seems the great work done by Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext is the culprit here. I had read that they needed to be removed when updating to High Sierra on this NUC but also seem they were the cause of similar KP's after the latest security updates. I removed them, rebooted (without injected kexts option) and system is back more stable. Seems I had forgotten to update Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext for some time. Hope the latest releases will keep the system stable, too.

UPDATE: I eventually updated all 3 needed kexts into my /Library/Extensions/ folder (that was previously working great on my system) and rebooting had no issues; audio is there, no changes on the config.plist of Clover: Lilu.kext v1.2.1 - AppleALC.kext v1.2.2 and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.3.

Safari is still a little sluggish despite the latest updates, but I will live with it.

However if you found any new settings/parameters for latest Clover releases that we need to introduce in our config.plist please update. Thanks!

Last edited:
Dual monitor on DVI and HDMI works perfect!

Last edited:
Mojave Beta 10.14.5 (18A347e) works flawlessly.
1. Remove all Find and replace in "Kernel and kext patches"
2. Kexts: AppleALC 1.3.0, Lilu 1.2.5, WhateverGreen 1.2.0, FakeSMC 6.26-344-..., IntelMausiEthernet 1.0.2d7

Works for me too!
Mojave Beta 10.14 (18A353d) with my previous EFI posted here except for the kexts that have been upgraded to their latest versions.
Don't forget to put these boot args : -lilubetaall -igfxbeta
If someone wants my conf files, I'll post it.

@gorila : can you post your EFI folder zipped here, I'm interested by your configuration (AppleALC and WhateverGreen, notably).
Thanks

Mojave Beta 10.14.5 (18A347e) works flawlessly.
1. Remove all Find and replace in "Kernel and kext patches"
2. Kexts: AppleALC 1.3.0, Lilu 1.2.5, WhateverGreen 1.2.0, FakeSMC 6.26-344-..., IntelMausiEthernet 1.0.2d7
@gorila : Hello, could we chat together? i want to do the same.

Last edited:
@ethermcman & @Serg716
Hi guys, I am on short vacations at the Adriatic coast and I will reply to you ASAP.:)

EDIT: my EFI is now in the attached zip file. I hope that helps. Note that you don't need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext anymore because WhateverGreen does its task. Also update your Clover to the most recent version and don't forget to rebuild your caches:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

the above is taken from here: Rebuilding kernel cache

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.2 MB · Views: 280
Last edited:
@ethermcman & @Serg716
Hi guys, I am on short vacations at the Adriatic coast and I will reply to you ASAP.:)

EDIT: my EFI is now in the attached zip file. I hope that helps. Note that you don't need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext anymore because WhateverGreen does its task. Also update your Clover to the most recent version and don't forget to rebuild your caches:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

the above is taken from here: Rebuilding kernel cache

The Adriatic, such a nice place!!!
Whatever, thanks for posting you're conf. I'll take a look and report here.

@gorila
Hide your SN in your config.plist ;)
Use only one OsxAptio*drv.efi
And you can bypass apfs.efi by using ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi
With the latest version of Clover, you can avoid the use of the folder drivers64.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back