Contribute
Register

CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you manage to change the layout-id? I've tried with MacIASL but it doesn't save my modifications. More, can you detail how you manage to get a working lilu+applealc?
Thanks.
Hi ethermcman, eventually it is rather simple (for Sierra 10.12.6 and apparently no mic support, as previously mentioned):

-First of all, I am using vanilla AppleHDA kext;
-no sound tampering or injection in Clover's config.plist whatsoever;
-I define it in a similar SSDT-HDA.aml like the one by sebinouse injected by Clover in the EFI/ACPI/patched/ folder;
-I just place in /Library/Extensions the latest versions of AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext;
-Finally, I refresh kext cache via some Kext Utility, and reboot.

I am attaching the .dsl of my SSDT-HDA for you to check in a texteditor and compile via iasl, as well as my config.plist with Clover r4233.

Attachments

• SSDT-HDEF-ok.dsl
    1.3 KB · Views: 174
  • config5.plist
    4.1 KB · Views: 292
Hi ethermcman, eventually it is rather simple (for Sierra 10.12.6 and apparently no mic support, as previously mentioned):

-First of all, I am using vanilla AppleHDA kext;
-no sound tampering or injection in Clover's config.plist whatsoever;
-I define it in a similar SSDT-HDA.aml like the one by sebinouse injected by Clover in the EFI/ACPI/patched/ folder;
-I just place in /Library/Extensions the latest versions of AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext;
-Finally, I refresh kext cache via some Kext Utility, and reboot.

I am attaching the .dsl of my SSDT-HDA for you to check in a texteditor and compile via iasl, as well as my config.plist with Clover r4233.
Many thanks, it just works perfectly ;)

Many thanks, it just works perfectly ;)

Hi @ethermcman and @konsti, just wondered if you could help with my D54250 running High Sierra. I haven't built a hackintosh for a while.

I tried the above by @konsti and I still don't get any audio outputs found. I can see them in DPCIManager but they don't show up in the audio panel. I have tried this so far:
  • Added the compiled SSDT-HDA.aml into the EFI/ACPI/patched folder
  • Added the latest AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext into the EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other (and deleted all versioned folders)
  • Also tried putting kexts into EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.13 (instead of Other)
  • Also tried adding kexts to /Library/Extensions and updating cache
  • Installed latest HWSensors/FakeSMC, etc
  • Running latest clover

Still no luck.

Also, my ethernet is not working, ifconfig shows no en0 interface. For this I have built the latest IntelMausiEthernet.kext and again put it into EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other.

It almost seems like it is ignoring all my extra kexts, is there a log or something to show when clover is loading these extra kexts? I can't see anything in the main logfile.

Any help much appreciated, thanks,

Charlie

Last edited:
Hi @ethermcman and @konsti, just wondered if you could help with my D54250 running High Sierra. I haven't built a hackintosh for a while.

I tried the above by @konsti and I still don't get any audio outputs found. I can see them in DPCIManager but they don't show up in the audio panel. I have tried this so far:
  • Added the compiled SSDT-HDA.aml into the EFI/ACPI/patched folder
  • Added the latest AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext into the EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other (and deleted all versioned folders)
  • Also tried putting kexts into EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.13 (instead of Other)
  • Also tried adding kexts to /Library/Extensions and updating cache
  • Installed latest HWSensors/FakeSMC, etc
  • Running latest clover

Still no luck.

Also, my ethernet is not working, ifconfig shows no en0 interface. For this I have built the latest IntelMausiEthernet.kext and again put it into EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other.

It almost seems like it is ignoring all my extra kexts, is there a log or something to show when clover is loading these extra kexts? I can't see anything in the main logfile.

Any help much appreciated, thanks,

Charlie

OK, I have managed to get the ethernet working at least. I found a version of IntelMausiEthernet.kext from RehabMan dated 09-2017 which seems to work for me when dropped into the 10.13 folder.

Still working on the audio though...

[EDIT] Just tried adding -alcbeta to the boot commands and now I have an internal audio device. Still no luck with HDMI though.

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestions.
Finally I found solution to HDMI audio problem.
I extended to HighSierra the "port 0x05 DP to HDMI pipe 0x09" in config.plist.

In summary:
Starting from Sierra 10.12.6 (thanks to Sebinouse) I performed upgrade to HighSierra.
I deleted SSDT-HDEF.aml (thanks to ethermcman)
Audio from jack (no mic) works by using audio_cloverALC-130.command (thanks to toleda)
Audio from HDMI is fixed by enabling AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patch for HighSierra.

Hi @peppe1945, any chance you could share your config.plist? I have tried the use the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patch but I still cannot get HDMI audio working in High Sierra.

Just wondering if I've messed anything else up with all my tinkering.

Hi @peppe1945, any chance you could share your config.plist? I have tried the use the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patch but I still cannot get HDMI audio working in High Sierra.

Just wondering if I've messed anything else up with all my tinkering.
Hi gambcl,
here you can find my Clover folder with config.plist and kexts.
From original recipe I perform update to 10.13.1 and I use vit9696's AppleHDA instead of Toleda patch.
I hope these files are useful for your platform.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 280
Hi gambcl,
From original recipe I perform update to 10.13.1 and I use vit9696's AppleHDA instead of Toleda patch.

Thanks for that, I will try it as soon as I can get to the computer again :)

Hi gambcl,

It worked!!!

Thank you very much for the help.

I've given up with AppleALC with with the latest 10.3.2...
Sound started to humming, iTunes crashed on every launch.
So I've restarted from scratch with Sebinouse config with some modifications:
- installed Clover 4359
- copied apfs.efi in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
- deleted everything related to "find-replace" in config.plist (see attached file)
- deleted SSDT-HDEF.aml
- run the VooDooHDA 2.9.0d10 installer
- copied manually with Pacifist, VooDooHDA.kext 2.9.0d10 in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
- copied Lilu.kext in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
- copied IntelGraphicsFixup_1.2.0.kext in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
- copied Shiki.kext in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and added boot args "shikigva=25" in config.plist to stop iTunes crashes

All is working fine, I have mic-in, in-ears and HDMI sound.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    12.3 MB · Views: 257
Last edited:
i have a problem:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back