Contribute
Register

CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run it and it seems to install fine but the audio won't work. Its driving me crazy

I have a NUC D54250wykh too, for some years. I began with Mavericks and updated al the way from Yosimite, El Capitan, to Sierra 10.12 After every update there was a battle to get the ALC283 audio working..

The Sierra 10.12.3 update broke my audio once again and the " audio_realtekALC-120_v1.0d.command " doesn't work for me either. Tried it for hours :( .
Finally I have made the switch to the AppleALC kext (with Lilu): Not easy to get it to work in a heavily patched system, but there is excellent documentation available: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4sil5p/audio_mechanic_old_patchfix_removal_applealc/

While having sound at last, a new problem came up: The ALC283 isn't completely silent: there is always a humming noice (100hz? ) in the background. It's getting me nuts :(...

my question: Are there other NUC54250wyk hackintoshers out there, experiencing a humming sound when using the AppleALC sound solution? Did i something wrong?
Please tell me....

NUC D54250wykh, 8Gb
Sierra 10.12.3
Lilu 1.0.0
AppleALC 1.1.0

Last build I tested was 16A232 ...

I have freeze with Safari for the time being (just try dailymotion) ... it looks like the freeze due to HDCP error when I try to read DRM protected HD videos in iTunes ... Dev are working on it ... I'll get back soon with improvement I hope ;)

I am still having this issue. Has this been fixed? I noticed it when using Safari to try to watch an NCAA basketball clip from yahoo.

I got audio working by deleting AppleALC283 from S/L/E, and running audio_cloverALC-120.command from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

my question: Are there other NUC54250wyk hackintoshers out there, experiencing a humming sound when using the AppleALC sound solution? Did i something wrong?
Please tell me....

Im not getting humming.

I am still having this issue. Has this been fixed? I noticed it when using Safari to try to watch an NCAA basketball clip from yahoo.
I think so : have look to Lilu + IntelGraphicsFixup
I got audio working by deleting AppleALC283 from S/L/E, and running audio_cloverALC-120.command from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC
Im not getting humming.
Audio should be easy to fix if you want to use AppleALC283 (just recreate the injector with the same layout/platform)
Better solution if you don't need MIC : AppleALC

Im not getting humming.

Well because i'm interested in a non-humming ALC283 i did the following :

1) extracted a fresh appleHDA.kext with Pacifist from the Sierra installer and replace the existing S/L/E/appleHDA.kext with it
2) downloaded "audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command" from the link above
3) run the commandfile with answers: 283, inject, 1
4) remove appleACL from Clover & reboot.

Result: non-humming Sound !!! :) on my birthday
thanks fluffhead

It's a pity the AppleALC method is humming, I like the Clover-approach better then the patching.
But i tried v. 1.0.8 1.0.9 & 1.1.0: all result in buzzing sound..

Audio should be easy to fix if you want to use AppleALC283 (just recreate the injector with the same layout/platform)

Hi, long time no see you, sebinouse.
Can you upgrade latest fakesmc.kext to added support for battery sensors of Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard ?

Basically, download both of those kext and put them in the kexts/other folder where you have clover installed then reboot.

Great! Thanks guys. My setup is nearly perfect. only 2 small issues.

1) When I shut down, the power won't stay off, it reboots. Any way I can make it really shut down?
2) Is there any way I can control the system volume from within the OS? Im listening to Audio through the HDMI port to my TV. my volume bar is greyed out. My tv volume controls are awkwardly placed on the side of the tv buried in with the input, channel and power buttons.

Great! Thanks guys. My setup is nearly perfect. only 2 small issues.

1) When I shut down, the power won't stay off, it reboots. Any way I can make it really shut down?
2) Is there any way I can control the system volume from within the OS? Im listening to Audio through the HDMI port to my TV. my volume bar is greyed out. My tv volume controls are awkwardly placed on the side of the tv buried in with the input, channel and power buttons.
You can not adjust volume with tv, monitor. I haven't tried apple cinema yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back