Contribute
Register

CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
When i select boot OS X install from macOS Sierra it continues to the apple logo but when the process bar at the
bottom appears, the screen turns black and then goes back to the boot manager

Any suggestions?

Same here! I manage to install, and can actually cold boot and reboot about five times, after that it does the same as described above.

Hi

I already have a NUC, where everything is working, on El Capitan.... the only ongoing issue has been sound distortion, which I fixed by having an "Audio Recorder" freeware application loaded on boot.

Am I correct in assuming that moving to Sierra entails a new install?

Or is this a project still fraught with issues?

Thanks

Tried doing a fresh install, have made the bootable USB, installed clover, copied the files into the EFI directory, whenever I boot the USB drive it has the "your computer has restarted because of a problem", then it gets to the circle with a line through it, could I have some advice? What information would be helpful to you guys in getting to the bottom of this?

Something is really not right in this build for my NUC, the old Sebinouse El Capitan build worked fine. I can't even get USB devices to boot now reliably, I have the new BIOS, I have tried my best to follow the instructions, and it just isn't working, I have had hackintosh installs on this machine since Mavericks, and they have worked fairly well. We need more info on this guide, screenshots for the bios, detailed clover instructions (it says copy, but do you choose merge or replace?), the link to the Unibeast method has disappeared?

You say:
  • Drivers64 > Osxaptiofixdrv64 or Osxaptiofix2drv64
But why is this? What effect does each one have?

When installing to the external USB this option is greyed out:
  • install Clover Configuration Panel
I have had this issue before, previously it lets me install the clover configuration on the target drive after installation is complete, but never on the install USB.

I feel stuck now as I have done the Bios update I am not sure it will work with El Capitan.

Last edited:
Ok, I have managed to get El Capitan back on, I then did an install of Sierra, which got to the desktop, but without the audio working, I tried using the Audio patch included in the el capitan sebinouse files, but after applying it and rebooting it gets stuck in a boot loop. I will try it again with the audio files contained in the sebinouse sierra files.

Not much luck, but have el capitan working ok, shame that sierra is having such problems

10.12.1 is out! It is fine for me. Updated directly from the App Store ( from 10.12(.0) ) after a clover update.

Hey tr43, Did you change EFI files to the ones listed here?

Hi! I had not changed a thing. I am using the files from post #1 since 10.12.(0) , including the audio patch.

Thanks
BTW this Intel HD4400 IGP is absolute trash. It cannot even do 4K @ 60hz. I am limited to 30hz which strains my eyes. So basically this hackintosh (NUC D34010WYKH Haswell based) is a big failure for 4K.

Right now, I am waiting for Z270 chipset based motherboards to arrive so will keep it as a standby.

Thanks for everyone who helped.

Absolute agree!!! I have NUC D34010WYKH in great Mac Cube G4 fanless chasis (absolutely silent) and i can't run not even 4K @ 30hz!!! (You have already set up 4K @ 30Hz? How???) I must use 2560x1440 and plus then came problems with freezing videos in Safari. When I fix this problem with deactivate accelerator HD4600, i can't start HiDPI for 1080p. It is a pity!!! Any idea for 4K kit without fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back