Contribute
Register

CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you choose for week numbers ? "N9" seems to work fine. You just have to choose 3 random numbers then (you don't need CloverConfigurator for that ;) )

Everything is working good, with the exception of the built in sound.. i can get an external USB sound stick to work..
but the internal sound just wont work

you say to do this..
  • Copy AppleHDA_ALC283_out.kext in "Sierra" /System/Library/Extensions/ folder
but when i do that i get the message system extension can not be used, was installed improperly.. blah blah blah.

is this normal?

there is also a file, AppleHDA_ALC283.kext, where does that file go?
and does it matter from what directory i run the HDA permissions command? can i run it from the GUI? or do you have to run it in the terminal?

can you post what a successful run of the command looks like?

and you said, to re-run the HDA permissions command anytime any audio change happens.

I want to thank you so much for all your hard work, and if you need me to test anything, i will , your amazing!

Last edited:
you forgot to add AppleHDA_ALC283_out.kext within your last Sebinouse Zip archive. Am I right?
Oups my bad ... should be OK now !
EDIT2: could we remove the folder "macOS Install Data" in the root of the "Macintosh HD" volume?
I really don't know ... sorry

I am using Haswell Nuc D34010WYKH with latest 042 bios. So far, I have not even been able to boot a USB install disk.

Can anyone share their EFI folder?
you can give a look to the El Capitan thread and try to mix the ACPI/config files to match macOS Sierra

but when i do that i get the message system extension can not be used, was installed improperly.. blah blah blah.

is this normal?
Yep ... always run the Permission Command (from any folder) after every single change in S/L/E/ ...

I'm running your El Capitan build build flawlessly...but I do want to upgrade to Sierra. I have the Azurewave AW-CE123H with all those config.plist edits. Do I have to add all that to use it in Sierra? Or can I just edit my current config.plist with the Sierra edits? You've got this down so whatever you suggest.

I needed to reset the bios and then it booted. Now I cannot enable Intel HD4400 IGPU. Is there a way to get graphics acceleration in Sierra?

If you recently updated Clover, make sure:
config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=false

If you recently updated Clover, make sure:
config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=false

Just Something id say. make sure that you have (injectEDID) in Config if you don't itll default to True instead of False. For example should look something like my dummy Config. I think this is a Bug with the latest version of Clover. I ran into this problem with my system. Note do not open it with Clover Configurator again or Clover will default it True instead of False.

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 13.43.53.png

We don't use Clover's config.plist to Inject the IntelHD5k so there is no need to populate EDID ...
If we do so (see capture below) we loose hdmi audio when we try to inject an Apple Display for better results ...

I will set it to false in the next update anywayCapture d’écran 2016-09-27 à 08.48.33.png

We don't use Clover's config.plist to Inject the IntelHD5k so there is no need to populate EDID ...
If we do so (see capture below) we loose hdmi audio when we try to inject an Apple Display for better results ...

I will set it to false in the next update anywayView attachment 212482

New version of Clover has a bug. Where it has to be in the config set to false if you delete it Clover will default it to (inject EDID) True. New version of Clover has bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back