Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi there, I'm a total newb to Hackintosh and am wondering what is the oldest version of OS X that can be installed and run on the new hardware in the Buyer's Guide for a CustoMac Pro. I am currently using 10.9 but may roll back to 10.8, and would want the same OS on a new machine build. Is it a case of trial and error? Has anyone tried installing 10.8 or 10.9 on a new build? I saw mention of Yosemite but in another place on this site it seemed to suggest that older versions can be installed. I have seen build guides from 2012 and 2013 on the net that are based on using 10.8 and 10.9, and the older hardware used can still be purchased today (cheap), but my preference would be to use up-to-date hardware (within my budget). Thanks for the input!

Sorry it would seem from the link that 10.8.5+ works on the current hardware in the July 2015 buyer's guide. Thanks!

Sorry it would seem from the link that 10.8.5+ works on the current hardware in the July 2015 buyer's guide. Thanks!

Mavericks will work the best with Haswell Hardware. You can run Mtn. Lion but Mavericks
would be my first choice if you can't use Yosemite with your software.

Sandy Bridge will run 10.6.8 straight to 10.11 Ivy Bridge will run from 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

Mavericks will work the best with Haswell Hardware. You can run Mtn. Lion but Mavericks
would be my first choice if you can't use Yosemite with your software.

Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back