Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.6+64bit)

alax said:
justruss said:
Did you follow Notshy's install guide?

Did you have your system set up using an older method for GPU support... and forgot to remove the right files?

You ninja'd me with your response; just check the my post right above yours; I installed NullCPUPowerManagement and all is good in OSX-land. But yes, I followed the guide, and no, there are no old drivers as this is a completely new build.
alax said:
justruss said:
Did you follow Notshy's install guide?

Did you have your system set up using an older method for GPU support... and forgot to remove the right files?

You ninja'd me with your response; just check the my post right above yours; I installed NullCPUPowerManagement and all is good in OSX-land. But yes, I followed the guide, and no, there are no old drivers as this is a completely new build.

I just thought I'd follow up and say, NullCPUPowerManagement did fix the problem, but gave me higher temps. Turns out, I didn't have SpeedStep enabled. Once I did that, and removed NullCPUPowerManagement, (along with a DSDT from the database) I have full power management and full performance, and my i7 idles at about 40c, so a little hot, but not too bad.

I am having problems with booting without iboot. I have added AtiConfig=Vervet and can boot using iboot cd but when i boot from hard drive the screen goes black and fan make loud noise so i believe the system still on but no display. mtoherboard is x58A-UD3R ver. 2.0 FE. I am using i7 970.

sasuke816 said:
I am having problems with booting without iboot. I have added AtiConfig=Vervet and can boot using iboot cd but when i boot from hard drive the screen goes black and fan make loud noise so i believe the system still on but no display. mtoherboard is x58A-UD3R ver. 2.0 FE. I am using i7 970.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes and ATI Experimental from latest MultiBeast? Why do you need to type AtiConfig=Vervet?

Can you post a picture of your card please?

I did Aticonfig=vervet because someone suggested it which allowed my iboot to boot into snow leopard. Here is few pictures.
5434407452_875b2de425_m.jpg
5433792581_97103fafce_m.jpg

I am new at this so i just followed the guide and may have not done something right or missing some step.

sasuke816 said:
I did Aticonfig=vervet because someone suggested it which allowed my iboot to boot into snow leopard. Here is few pictures.
5434407452_875b2de425_m.jpg

5433792581_97103fafce_m.jpg

I am new at this so i just followed the guide and may have not done something right or missing some step.

You shouldn't need to type AtiConfig for your card if you are booting using the DVI port

Hey

I hav a asus P7P55D LE motherboead with a ati 5770 saphire graphics card

I use to have OSX running and booting fine using the old ati Iboot 5xxx-2
this was about 7 months ago

I changed ram and it no longer worked so i tried following your guide

My pc wont boot into the install disk with the new iboot even if i try -x
it just hangs at the apple logo screen.

However i can reinstall with the old bootrom mentioned above update to 10.6.6 use the new multi beast but when i reboot i get a screen that is white
with writing and a box that says "You need to resart your computer ...ect"

however the writing in the background says panic (cpu 0 caller 0xfffff80005410ae): "unable to find driver for this platform:\"ACPI\".\n"@SourceCache

ect

No idea wat to do tried reinstalling many times, and read posts.

If anyone has any free time please let me know what im doing wrong
Thanks grealty Appreciated

Now i seem to get a kernel error where the screen tells me to restart when i don't use iboot cd.

sasuke816 said:
Now i seem to get a kernel error where the screen tells me to restart when i don't use iboot cd.

This is quite bizzare behavior. Can you please boot with "-v" typed at the Chameleon screen or the option for Verbose mode selected so that you can see the error message in text and not just the reboot picture.

5436515611_81ba809705_m.jpg
5436514765_826c3d7611_m.jpg

Here some pics of -v

This guide is good for installation on SSD? I want buy the SSD Corsair F90 and I have the same configuration of this guide...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back