Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.6+64bit)

justruss said:
Did you follow Notshy's install guide?

Did you have your system set up using an older method for GPU support... and forgot to remove the right files?

You ninja'd me with your response; just check the my post right above yours; I installed NullCPUPowerManagement and all is good in OSX-land. But yes, I followed the guide, and no, there are no old drivers as this is a completely new build.

alax said:
justruss said:
Did you follow Notshy's install guide?

Did you have your system set up using an older method for GPU support... and forgot to remove the right files?

You ninja'd me with your response; just check the my post right above yours; I installed NullCPUPowerManagement and all is good in OSX-land. But yes, I followed the guide, and no, there are no old drivers as this is a completely new build.

Glad to hear you're up at 34! Sorry about the double-secret ninja speed.

notshy said:
Fender321 said:
notshy said:
Very random - what happens in Windows or Linux? Do you get the same results with iBoot on the fresh install before MultiBeast as compared with after your MultiBeast install? Can you post a picture of the card?

Have you checked your BIOS settings? Take a look at the link in my signature.

Sounds like it could be a hardware thing - I've not heard of that before.

I had no problems when installing Windows 7 and no problems until after rebooting when MultiBeast finished. I have no other problems. I've also noticed that if I unplug the DVI cable and plug it back in, this will also turn the screen back on.

The only difference between my system and your guide is that I didn't upgrade my BIOS to FE since I didn't have a booting windows partition at the time. I'll also comb through the BIOS settings to make sure they're identical.

I am wondering if it's a power issue. I didn't upgrade my power supply when I upgraded everything else. It's a 535W enermax. When I turn my machine on, it comes on briefly, shuts off, then comes back on after about 1 second. Is that normal for this motherboard?

Thanks!

Yes I have the same fan on/off/on on a cold boot. I have a 600w power supply and no issues here including an overclock

So I just reinstalled everything with updated BIOS identical to your guide, and the problem persists. I have found a workaround where I can hit control+shift+eject after osx starts, which is the hotkey to sleep all displays, and then I just hit any key and the screen comes on. I might be able to write a little boot script that automates this. Everything else works perfectly with great performance. I just played starcraft 2 on extreme settings with no problems. Thanks!

alax said:
justruss said:
alax said:
Does anybody know why I would only be getting 14.7fps in Cinebench with the exact same card as notshy? (Gigabyte HD5770 Batmobile)

Definitely not normal-- I get 31+ with that card.

Exactly; this is terrible performance. I'm prone to think this is software-related, but I won't know until I get Windows up. Any suggestions?

EDIT Installed NullCPUPowerManagement from MultiBeast and re-booted; my HD5770 now scores 34FPS. Glad that's all figured out.

On the topic of cinebench, it does make me sad that I get 27fps in OSX and 60fps when I reboot into windows. Is that just the way things are, or is it actually a limitation of running osx on unsupported hardware?

On the topic of cinebench, it does make me sad that I get 27fps in OSX and 60fps when I reboot into windows. Is that just the way things are, or is it actually a limitation of running osx on unsupported hardware?

Real MacPro's with official Apple 5770s only get around 30fps in OSX. It's not a hackintosh issue but an OSX issue.

Thank you very much!!!! This is working great. I had some issues at first but the newest iboot 2.6.3 fixed that. :)desktop.jpg

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 156

xgmdx said:
Thank you very much!!!! This is working great. I had some issues at first but the newest iboot 2.6.3 fixed that. :)
:headbang:

:D

Hello and thank you in advanced.

Tried installing with the latest version of iboot and multibeast. Retail version of osX, installs fine on my MBP. I can get as far as the 10.6.4 combo update and after the update finishes and I try to work with multibeast the installer "unexpectedly" quits. I've tried starting over (from scratch) several times, even tried running the combo update again and as soon as I continue with multibeast the installer quits. So I tried continuing the install, ran all the same options in multibeast and rebooted. Unfortunately it boots the apple logo and spins, does not load the os.

I have 6gigs of OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 1600 MHz RAM, removed a stick to comply with iboot requests.

Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB Hard Drive, installed Windows 7 32bit & 64bit on it to make sure its working ok.

Sony Optiarc DVD drive

Updated BIOS to FE

Not sure where to go from here, last line of chameleon verbos boot is:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - CST evaluation failed
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet Address

notshy said:
Thanks for taking an interest in my guide. Please can you post User Build questions in the relevant section of the forum as this is a guide for post hardware build for the specific CustoMac components. Please drop a link to your new thread here and I can then go help in that section of the forum.

To get your started - please head to the wiki to get up to speed on general hackintosh info and also info on peripherals like Bluetooth and Wireless:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

CPU = fine, card = please buy the gigabyte 5770 UD dual slot bat mobile card, hard drives = lots of people use the Samsung Spin Point series, cooler = fine with that ram, RAM = lower timings is better than faster cycles - so I'd go for CL8 or CL7 RAM if possible.

Post the thread and I'll answer any more questions there.
:silent:

@ Not Shy. Here's the link to my post. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12802&p=81912#p81912

I believe i posted in the correct forum section. Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back