Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me. I am new to building computers, but really want to build top of the line or close to OS X Sierra compatible PC. Below is the list of the parts I created. Any advise or suggestion as to compatibility or improvement of the system will be greatly appreciated. Also I can't figure out if I will need bluetooth card and GPU. Bluetooth I definetely need. I plan to use this system for photo/video editing, for video server Plex, and possible for my security monitoring system, that is why two SSD drives. Also maybe for some additional hard drives to store movies. Oh well I think I want everything but gaming (not interested). Thank you in advance for your help.

1. 2 X Crucial MX300 1TB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive
  2. Core i7-7700K
  3. Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60
  4. Crucial 64GB Kit (16GBx4) DDR4 2133 MT/s (PC4-17000) DR x8 Unbuffered DIMM 288-Pin Memory
  5. Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z270 ATX
  6. Corsair Carbide Series® 500R (CC-9011012-WW) Mid-Tower Case - Black (4-8 8Tb drives expandable case)
  7. Corsair AX Series, AX860, 860 Watt (860W), Fully Modular Power Supply, 80+ Platinum Certified
  8. Dell - UltraSharp U3417W 34.14" LED Curved HD 21:9 Ultrawide Monitor - Black

Last edited:
it will work otherwise this setup you wrote looks to be quite a big waste of money.
you have few over specs here:
video surveilance system storing data to SSD is not a good idea. too many writes=low life of your expensive drive and no usage of the ssd performance. swap it for a mechanical hard drive or two if you need redundancy
the PSU is really too much.860w is for a pc with 2 top specs GPUs. 450w would be enough, maybe 500W if you use 1 GPU
i also do not believe you can use 64 GB of RAM for the work and with the prices of the ram chips today it would be wise to go for 16 then buy later more.

it will work otherwise this setup you wrote looks to be quite a big waste of money.
you have few over specs here:
video surveilance system storing data to SSD is not a good idea. too many writes=low life of your expensive drive and no usage of the ssd performance. swap it for a mechanical hard drive or two if you need redundancy
the PSU is really too much.860w is for a pc with 2 top specs GPUs. 450w would be enough, maybe 500W if you use 1 GPU
i also do not believe you can use 64 GB of RAM for the work and with the prices of the ram chips today it would be wise to go for 16 then buy later more.

Thank you very much for your advise, it would really save me a lot of money, one more thing, I can't figure out if the motherboard has a bluetooth or I have to buy it?

if it does not or if it does not work you can always buy a usb bluetooth adapter for few bucks. that is the least to be afraid of :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back