Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z760
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hello, I'm going to be building a CustoMac Pro around Christmas, what cases are recommended for it?

Thanks in advance.

Did you considered the ones mentioned in the Cases section in the Buyer’s Guide?
I ordered a Fractal Design Define R5. It looks like a decent case.

You’ll get better answers, if you let other know what matters to you.

Hello, I'm going to be building a CustoMac Pro around Christmas, what cases are recommended for it?
Thanks in advance.
The three brands with the best build quality ATX cases (not in any particular order) are: Fractal Design, Lian Li and Corsair. A few other brands that are very good are NZXT and Phanteks. Really can't go wrong choosing a case from any of these 5 companies.

What about size? Is it an issue when choosing a case?

What about size? Is it an issue when choosing a case?
Yes, it has to fit in your workspace and be light enough to be able to move it. Most people don't need a full size tower for an ATX build. Go with one that is called a mid-tower or sometimes micro-tower. Those are generally less than 20 inches tall and 20 inches deep (front to back). Thickness of the steel will determine the weight. Look at something like the Corsair 200R for a good budget ATX case. If you can get a Fractal Design ATX case for under $75 it's usually a good deal.

If sound deadening is important to you, the Fractal Design Define R5 is an excellent choice; it has good acoustical material on the panels. There are two models, windowless and windowed. Obviously the windowless model is more effective.

Here's a very detailed review:
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Fractal_Design/Define_R5/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back